Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I changed my auto transmission and the starter motor sounds like it's hitting the flex plate

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Of course you dont need a manual. You can just ask the internet the next time you stuff something basic up.:rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah just turn the balancer with a socket and ratchet.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Lol as soon as I read the thread title I assumed you’d just jammed the converter into the pump. Seen it happen that many times it’s not funny.

What’s even funnier is when the same person makes the same mistake more than once. Luckily not at my expense haha

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I did it once and yeah damaged the pump. Fortunately it was minimal damage and the pump was able to be saved. But it cost me an extra 200 bucks to have a new seal fitted and the pump turned over. That's why I said to the OP to check for damage.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
All the above is the reason I dont touch bloody trans :) if its trans related off to the shop,then bend over and take one for the team

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
All the above is the reason I dont touch bloody trans :) if its trans related off to the shop,then bend over and take one for the team

OP also has impatient tendencies from his posting style.

When I put something together and everything doesn't work as I want, sometimes tearing it all down and methodically doing it again is the best strategy. Now with smartphones in our pockets I love to take pictures of everything before after and during as well.

I know that's a little late now as it's been pulled down and put back together a few times but spending the time to get it right always gets the best results.

Knowing your limits is also a good one, i had a rear main go and yeah that was above my pay grade so off to the shop it went, felt that one burn on the way in!

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
our-highly-skilled-and-intelligent_1.html

our-highly-skilled-and-intelligent_1.html

I could add my two cents worth here..................but I'm not going to.

Last edited: