Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't speak Holden, but HELLO!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
It was the Ve killer looks that converted me. Oh and the 6L V8 :smoking:

Yeah those 2006 looks are so modern! :p And that V8 is shat on by the Turbo 6... :D

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Ummm... Basically at the end of the day... I'm 22 on my P's and can't justify paying 2,500 a year in insurance with AAMI... The XR started at 2,500 a year when I was 19... And as for the FG Turbo.. Starting at 30+ for a decent second hand one I can't spend that sorta money right now as I want to travel and save for a house.. And already had 1 XR N/A so it's something different. Base model Falcon utes are Puss in my oppinion.. I like the practicality of the SV6 ute with the sedan like handling from the independant susspension and the looks set it off nicely..When I am 25 FPV here I come but for now I wanna see how the other half live! :p

Oh and the 6 stacker and leather sucked me in :D

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
You do what's right for you at the time mate. That's all that matters in the big scheme of things.

Enjoy your new machine, that's the main thing. It's always an exciting time picking up a new one.

@ CSP i am not biting, :D...;)

Cheers all.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Yeah those 2006 looks are so modern! :p And that V8 is shat on by the Turbo 6... :D

so you're laughing at the '2006' modern looks of the VE, but completely ignore the fact that those 2006 looks appear light years more modern than the current ford model?
thats the main reason why most people are going to holden in the first place.... the fords look like dogs balls, and there's something to be said for good design.
yes i agree that a turbo 6 in the ford line up is its saving grace, but that's all holden needs to offer to make the ford line up completely redundant at present.
and im not having a go... sales numbers dont lie. ford isnt doing too well and seriously need a design makeover on their lineup.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Errrr... What plannet are you on? Ford have been taking huge bites out of Holden sales since the release of the FG.

Looks are subjective (as to whther or not you like something). But stand a brand new SV6 and a brand new XR6 next to each other and the XR6 looks more modern. And before you flame me, I've owned three VEs (one a HSV) and an FG. FG looks are the best thing Ford has done in a LONG time. Hence a lot more sales since its release.

SSV_2720

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV UTE M6
then shouldn't you have changed to a ford forum by now? :D haha just kidding mate

its definitely personal opinion, for me the VE is just an immaculate car, love the new SSV, just looks a bit tougher than the ford which is a big plus in my books.. just couldnt get past the unsightly join between the cab and the rear of the car on the ford to take it seriously haha

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
its definitely personal opinion, for me the VE is just an immaculate car, love the new SSV, just looks a bit tougher than the ford which is a big plus in my books.. just couldnt get past the unsightly join between the cab and the rear of the car on the ford to take it seriously haha

There's a join in who's car? Or are you referring to the ute? That's there for a valid reason - means you can own the tub or the tray (or both).

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
CSP - Looks can't really be used to argue which car is better. As for which is more "modern", Its six of one half a dozen another. I think the FPV's look like they've been punched in both eyes.
I've driven both the FG XR6 turbo and an VE SSV, Honestly they both pull about the same. On paper might be different but eh.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
For VE SV6 vs FG XR6 please see my signature... the SIDI's pull alot harder. Not to mention a better looking car and better on fuel. Not bad for a 3.6l v. 4.0l.

HSV is lightyears ahead of FPV btw, only thing they have going for them is the new 5.0l supercharged motor, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to mod just like the old BOSS anchor.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Again, looks are subjective. Can't really use that as an arguement.

What does the FG XR6 weigh, what does the SV6 weigh.
Whats the gear ratio's like?

You can't really take two standard cars and run them down the 1/4 and say that engine is better. Sooo many variables.