Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I Got a Samsung S5

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
How can I disable my Galaxy S5 from sending blank text msgs.

some times its laggy for my texts to go through so i hit send twice and end up sending two texts, one blank. its very annoying

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
By flashing a better less laggy ROM

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you are using the stock messaging app, once you get to a few thousand text messages it gets laggy as f###. Trim them down a bit. Go to messages, settings, delete old messages.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
And for Trayner, that was running Omega Rom. Stock messaging app is crap, I miss GOSmsPro, but need stock for my Gear 2 to work.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I've noticed with my Samsung lately.. while I charge the phone the back gets quite warm..

A week or so ago, I went to work, was using my phone as I normally would - Facebook, SMS, Email - nothing out of the ordinary (usually battery will last me until I get home) however at about 10AM I was on 8% battery. I put a different battery in (refer my link-ion thread), and have been using this one lately, but still gets a bit warm while I charge the phone..

Anyone else having this issue?

Samsung S5 btw.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
its like last night my little sister went to do an update. phone cracked that **** and she called apple and they are like yeah you need to do a factory reset. seriously?!
:thumbsup:

I know it's a bit late but pix or ban.... ps - she needs to be nekid :)

Love
Reap

On behalf of all of JC :p

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I've noticed with my Samsung lately.. while I charge the phone the back gets quite warm..

A week or so ago, I went to work, was using my phone as I normally would - Facebook, SMS, Email - nothing out of the ordinary (usually battery will last me until I get home) however at about 10AM I was on 8% battery. I put a different battery in (refer my link-ion thread), and have been using this one lately, but still gets a bit warm while I charge the phone..

Anyone else having this issue?

Samsung S5 btw.

Heat and flat battery might have been a rogue app running the CPU at full power.

I never noticed mine get warm, but it is in a Spigen Tough case.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
well pretty disappointed.

had to call telstra yesterday and after speaking to 3 people which took over an hour and 20 min of my time, im getting another phone.

my samsung has dead pixels, which when you have something light coloured on the screen you see yellow bar (roughly 10mm) going through the middle of the screen.

i find it absolute bullshit that under the consumer affairs act that states if the product i have purchased is faulty within the first 12 months im entilted to either a refund or exchange.

but telstra wont allow you to walk into a telstra shop and simply exchange it like every other normal shop, they have this 'stay connected' team that asked questions where i sat back and had to ask 'mate, are you taking the piss out of me?' after being asked have you tried switching the phone off and on again. i had to argue with the guy with him saying the phone needs to be repaired, im like fkn bullshit youre repairing it, im entilted to a new phone, and im getting a new phone.

long story short he said on the phone 'you should receive the phone by wednesday' then shortly i received an email saying:

As advised, we currently don't have the Samsung GLXYS5WHT in stock. At your request, we've now placed a priority order for this device.

We know how important your device is to you, so we're making every effort to get it to you as quickly as possible.

ffs! how can they not have them? smh these phone companies are pathetic.