Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I know how a VE looks like

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
how come you have a VX in the UK whats the story with that?

M

Marty's_SV6

In the End does it really matter what rumours are buzzing around or what the insiders have said.
Everything will come to light when the finnished product finally hits the streets for everyone to see, then we can all pass judgment.
Until then I cant wait to see it. :yeah:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
STEALTHY (purplemonkeydishwasher) said:
haha, my mates mates uncle works at holden, and said it looks exactly like the VB, for real!

seriously though, i do have a good mate that works there, and he said it has similarities to the torana concept, but in reality is completely different.

Exactly what ive been told by a member on the design team.

M

mccorncob

greenfoam... :confused:
your 1/4 times say under 16s.
wot mods do u have?
cause its not possible for a stock vn!!!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
And I'll tell you it's not possible for a VN to run slower than 16 flat : )
IF it does your car is stuffed, or you're getting wheelspin, simple as that. They ran 15.6 all day everyday with the crapy factory tires when new and there is no possible way they were doing full throttle launches without wheelspin on those tires.

Mine only has the VS CAI, The throttle body and elbow has been fairly well worked over, the throttle body shaft is very thin, good edge on the butterfly all the ridges in the throttle body are gone etc, normal stuff. Plus a Home made memcal which would make me alot more power that it does if my exhaust wasn't restricting me. But most important of all is fixing the throttle body to open fully. Exhaust and everything else is stock. There's a video of me doing a 0-100 run in 7.16 around here somewhere but I have gone under 7 seconds quite a few times since then. It runs about 15.55 with the stock memcal, I'll bet you I can drive any decent not seriously broken VN to a sub 16 second 1/4 after a couple hours doing those few simple mods, for that matter a VP or VR too :)

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
So any ideas what the ute will look like? A torana ute hey ha ha

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
How much does the front look like an Astra! And the back like a 380! Set of 18's, dump it on its guts with a nice colour and I reckon she'll look the goods though.

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
Blame hippies

Seriously thou, there is just something unaussie about the VE. My mate owns a 1951 FX ute and there aint anything else more aussie then that, seems know everying is going for fuel effeicnt and cost savings rather then australianess(is that a word?). My 3 fave commodores are the VN, VP and VT and they still seem aussie to me even if they are based off euro omegas. Its ironic that the lastest model is a VZ, Z being the last letter of the alphabet, does that mean its the last good commodore.

Last edited:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Technicly, this is the most Australian Commodore ever, being built on the Zeta platform which us Aussies played a huge part in developing, and is going to be used for the next Monaro (years away), Chev Camaro, Pontiac GTO and some european cars.. sure it's got the least Australian built materials in it but it's to keep the price down as it's more expensive than previous models to build