Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I know how a VE looks like

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
i reckon the ve SS has 19 momo option rims..... touch screen for climate control and radio... wheel flares and looks nothing like anything they have made before... hrrmmmm thats just me thou : )

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
DOn't forget every single shot taken so far has been a "spy shot" with heavy camo on, or a digital image. Neither of which give an accurate interpretation of the real look of the car

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
Yeah thats true, the new corvette looked fairly different(and better) then the spy shots and photoshop stuff. Im looking forward to what hsv has instore for this baby.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
that pic is a pile of bulls**t. no way is that a real pic, ive turned old cordia's into new looking cars with photoshop, for a pro thats a walk in the park, it has the same body and rear doors as a honda, the proportions of the car are all wrong, its not real. holden arent going to use a different chassis or nothing, one thing we learn from holden is that they re-use old parts! mayb sumone should look at what opel are doing? they made the new cv8z more beefy looking and i garentee that theyl do the same with a commy, so wat if the basemodel looks ****, so do exec. vt's holden arent that great in coming up with new ideas, evrything now is a 'remake' so yer i think theyl copy the torana concept and hav a big plastic bar across the grill with a badge the size of a pie!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Keesh said:
holden arent going to use a different chassis or nothing, one thing we learn from holden is that they re-use old parts!

Yes they are. It's been like this so far; VB to VL, VN to VS and VT -> VZ. VE is a whole new platform (GM Zeta platform) which isn't only going to be used by our Commodore but also a lot of other internationals (Camaro, etc.). Now Ford are the ones who keep recycling old parts, notice the BA/BF Falcon doors are identical to the AUs doors :p

Keesh said:
mayb sumone should look at what opel are doing? they made the new cv8z more beefy looking and i garentee that theyl do the same with a commy, so wat if the basemodel looks ****, so do exec.

CV8-Z was never shipped to Europe or Opel. Vauxhall on the other hand were given normal CV8s which they didn't touch except for the badging and HSV GTOs which they didn't touch except for the badging. The base model is the executive though.

Keesh said:
vt's holden arent that great in coming up with new ideas, evrything now is a 'remake' so yer i think theyl copy the torana concept and hav a big plastic bar across the grill with a badge the size of a pie!

The Torana concept car was created with the soul purpose of gauging public reaction to the styling, Holden have been planning and developing the VE Commodore likely since 2002 or earlier (SSX Concept car anyone?). Holden in the last 3 years have unveiled 2 mid-fullsize hatchbacks, suggesting a hatchback varient is on the cards, something which hasn't been done by Holden yet (their previous ones were imports and rebadges). Therefore they wouldn't be copying the Torana concept car since it was made to see what people think of it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Instead of guessing what it wil be like, just accept that we will find out in due time. From what i know, testing for the VE has been Taking place in the US and isnt due to start testing in Au until march. I could be wrong, but thats what i was told by someone from holden :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The whole middle of a BA is an AU :) it's how the AU should have been...... AU BA BF are all the same series of cars really

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
davey g-force said:
HA! Exactly the same but different !! :bop:
funny, my actual wording was 'similarities to the torana, but completely different' meaning, it has some things off it, yet its a totally different car. Like comparing a VB to a VT, some things never change (note dodgy brake lights....haha), but there a different car.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
i seen it, and i like it, looks hell tough