Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need Help to win in Court

HoldiX

Holdens Wer the Heart Is
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 Nissan Skyline Silhouette
So I got done coming back from Warrnambool at 155k back in June my court date i just found out today is the 11th of Dec now i wasn't speeding the very highest i was doing would of been 105 i had 2 passengers who agree i wasn't speeding.(both chicks who yell at me if i do speed)

Im not sure how to beat this charge i reckon they are just bull shitting cuz im a p plater but i need tips or advice im talking to a lawyer but wanted to see if my JC brethren had any advice??

Thanks guys

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
get a good lawyer.

sorry, u say most u were doing is 105?... what km zone was it 100? coz if they got u for 105 in a 100 zone... i doubt theyd even pick u up for that.

HoldiX

Holdens Wer the Heart Is
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 Nissan Skyline Silhouette
Yer it was 100 like i said i think they wer just looking for a p-plater

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
dude, they wouldnt have bothered with you doing 5kms over, 150 sounds more like it.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
have you tested your speedo against a gps. good chance your speedo may have been out.

also what did they get you with camera or radar or follow you. if they got you with radar they are supposed to show you the radar.

apart from that you will have fun fighting it. It will come down to who the judge thinks is right. The cop or a male P plater driving a commodore. dosnt look good for you.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Cops won't go to this effort if you weren't doing anything wrong mate. They target P-Platers but they wouldn't charge you for doing 155k in a 100 zone if you weren't even speeding. Your mates in the car won't be much help to your case either because they were an associated witness (they could be biased).

Your only chance is to get your speedo fully checked out (my Dad got done doing 160k on the hume years and years ago in our old VK when the speedo was reading 100 - speedo was faulty and charges got dropped)

However, either way I still think they are going to take you for a row, 55 over the limit, not much leniency at that level!

az_sv6

coudnt aford a v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
all you can do is hope for the best and cross your fingers.
even if you were doing 105, ya cant prove it, and the 2 girls in the back arnt going to be any help ether.
have you been done before?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
your in the **** now HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
your in the **** now HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl: so direct i love it. Sorry mate but it seems you are pretty much stuffed, only thing you could possibly apply for is the probation where you have no offence for 1 or 2 years.

Last edited: