Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need Help to win in Court

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Ok - First thing is, you are innocent until proven guilty, so the Cops have to prove you were doing whatever speed they say you were doing.

You have to aim for reasonable doubt.

The cops if they used a lidar will have shown you the speed on it. If they didn't, they can't prove you were doing the speed in question.

You can also make them present record of the most recent calibration results for whatever device they used. If the device was well out of calibration, they will find it difficult to be accepted, especially if your 2 passengers will go to court and stand up under oath for you.

Then msake sure you chase down the matter of vehicle identification. Devices fixed to vehicles can actually record a different vehicle's speed. Ask them which vehicle it was pointed at, and which part of the vehicle, and at what distance from the vehicle. It should be the number plate area, at a distance of Maximum 300 meters. Ask the officer what color and type the vehicle was that he targetted.

It may not be yours, especially if you had a 2 tone vehicle. If the officer wears glasses, question his eyesight - what do the glasses do, is he long or short sighted and does the device have a telescopic sight.

If it does have a telescopic sight you have a real chance as he must take his eyes off your vehicle to both target and lower the device - assuming it's a lidar. if it's an in car one he should have a video.

Officers almost invariably make an audio recording of the roadside event. Did you protest your innocence vary strongly at the time ? Did the passengers try and protest ? if they did it will make your case stronger.

Remember - they have to prove you guilty, you just have to provide some doubt. ANY doubt is legally enough. The bad news is - Magistrates are NOT judge's. There are plenty of one eyed ones out there.

And of course, if your not truly innocent - suck it up.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
:ROFL: so direct i love it. Sorry mate but it seems you are pretty much stuffed, only thing you could possibly apply for is the probation where you have no offence for 1 or 2 years.

Probation?Doesnt exist in Vic.
The only time you can do something like that is if you lose your demerit points over time.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
might as well just bend over and ask nicely if they will use lube

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
You need OUR help to win in court?

You're screwed.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
its the cops word against urs, and they would have proof u were doin that speed(if u were), they would have a dash camera, radar...but yeh looks like impound for goin more than 45k's over and loss of license for 6 or more months

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
its the cops word against urs, and they would have proof u were doin that speed(if u were), they would have a dash camera, radar...but yeh looks like impound for goin more than 45k's over and loss of license for 6 or more months

Wouldn't his car have been impounded on the spot if he was doing 55 over?

Davidcoolaye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Haha yeah man you can't really fight it I got a speeding ticket saying I was going 92 in a 60 zone... This was after knock off and I was boxed in, in traffic so I couldn’t speed and the traffic was going 65tops the cop turned around and raced after me and pulled me over and told me what speed I was doing. I asked if I could see the gun he's like no you may not get out of your car, I took the ticket and a week later sent them a nice letter regarding that I the officer (sent the officers number) would NOT show me the gun and prove the speed I was doing ect ect…. They ignored the letter and took three points and a 240 dollar fine. A P-plater in a Commodore is just never going to win I’m a p-plater also... cops rate them as a high powered vehicle. Good luck man you will definitely need it.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Who is the judge going to believe? A young bloke in a Commodore, or a Police officer.

My money is on the Police officer.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
cry me a river u got done, u wont get off, go buy yourself a good push bike...

peeingeye

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy calais - vs comodore
grin and bare it mate a solicitor will cost u a bout $5000 up frount and a bout $270 a hour