Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They say the virus can stay on food packaging for up to 72 hours, so are we going to glen 20 all of our food from the supermarket, I just had a pack of salt vinegar chips I did wash my hands but what's to say the virus is on the package that I touched then picked up a chip and put it in my mouth? Should I've put them into a bowl first and washed my hands again, when I grew up we never bothered about germs or playing in the dirt, best way to build your immune system is expose yourself to the elements not this clean freak world its doing nothing for you. I'm not saying don't wash your hands just use common sense.

I was actually speaking to a medical professional and they are claiming the virus was found on a bench top after 17 days....So I can only assume, it'd be the same period for a chip packet

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
I was actually speaking to a medical professional and they are claiming the virus was found on a bench top after 17 days....So I can only assume, it'd be the same period for a chip packet

It makes a person wonder how they knew when the virus got there. The world is turning into a B grade movie...

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It makes a person wonder how they knew when the virus got there. The world is turning into a B grade movie...
Yip so many people saying different stuff all the time you don't know who to believe, according to what the SARS 2.0 / corona experts said on the soap box ch7 they say shiny surface 72hr, I don't know how they worked that out unless they ran test in their labs.
Still they say face mask do nothing bar stopping the person effected spreading the virus by sneezing or coughing on things but if they sweet and touch things it still spreads, the bottom line is take care, they say 80% will only get slight to moderate symptoms and will bounce back so I suppose those who are in the mid 50 onwards should take precaution they the ones seem to be hardest hit.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Yes there are lots of different statements being made. At the moment there are 8 reported deaths in Australia from coronavirus which puts the odds of dying at about the same as winning tattslotto...

Australia's annual road toll is typically around 1,100 per year and corona virus deaths to end of March is 8.

Time will tell how serious it really is ...

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yes there are lots of different statements being made. At the moment there are 8 reported deaths in Australia from coronavirus which puts the odds of dying at about the same as winning tattslotto...

Australia's annual road toll is typically around 1,100 per year and corona virus deaths to end of March is 8.

And 7 are from people who have travelled and returned to Australia. So really its only 1.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That was a test result from one of the first cruise ships that had an outbreak of corona. They have anchored it offshore for a few weeks and been doing tests on it. So they when the last passengers left the ship and they're still finding traces of it

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

There is a little thing called exponential growth which is happenng now in Aus.

We are tracking as per Italy and are only a couple of weeks behind them.

They're medical system is / has collapsed.

What people are forgetting is that with the medical system being overwhelmed with treating COVID patients, more people are likely to die of the virus without adequate treatment and many other people are unable to receive treatment for & die from other unrelated issues.

Aus deaths are now 11.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The interesting thing about Covid19 is that an infected person can be spreading the virus whilst been asymptomatic.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
There is a little thing called exponential growth which is happenng now in Aus.

We are tracking as per Italy and are only a couple of weeks behind them.

They're medical system is / has collapsed.

What people are forgetting is that with the medical system being overwhelmed with treating COVID patients, more people are likely to die of the virus without adequate treatment and many other people are unable to receive treatment for & die from other unrelated issues.

Aus deaths are now 11.

Yes i am well aware of exponential function. Ask yourself this. How is the world suddenly expertly aware of the ramifications if this is supposed to be a new problem? What were the flu deaths in Australia for the last 10 years?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Stop comparing this to the flu as it is a different beast. People with the flu become symptomatic very quickly, normally a few days. The flu kills a lot of people because many carry on with life and are happy to cough and sneeze their way through a days work. At my work people get **** for taking a day or 2 off sick even when it is clear you should not be at work (unless you are a manager or part of the special group). This virus will spread before the person starts showing any symptoms. If people treat this virus like they do the flu it will spread further faster and kill more people without out a doubt.