Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think we have reached peak stupidity

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The police must investigate these eBay, Facebook, and other internet sales sites to catch these opportunistic lowlife resellers (struggling to be nice here) and punish them all

I heard Dutton mentioned instigating such a process and then, as usual, got sh!t canned for having the wrong focus.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
$550 per fortnight bonus payment for the next six months to unemployed, farm subsidy recipients, etc. Pensioners will just get a second $750 payment, after the 13th of July. So it seems pensioners will just have to put up with price gouging and go without with even the first round of stimulus not coming their way till next month for most, while dole bludgers will be able to afford to live the high life from day one.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Not sure why unemployed people need extra money and those employed get nothing, how does it affect the unemployed more? I do feel for those trying to seek employment and it will be harder for them as there will be less jobs out there but everyone in this country is finding it harder, I had to take a couple of days off work last week as my son was ill and so we didn't send him to school, if I was unemployed it would have been easier on me to look after him

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Not sure why unemployed people need extra money and those employed get nothing, how does it affect the unemployed more? I do feel for those trying to seek employment and it will be harder for them as there will be less jobs out there but everyone in this country is finding it harder, I had to take a couple of days off work last week as my son was ill and so we didn't send him to school, if I was unemployed it would have been easier on me to look after him

I think the additional money for the unemployed is actually for the people who are currently employed with a mortgage to pay, who will become unemployed in the near future.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I think the additional money for the unemployed is actually for the people who are currently employed with a mortgage to pay, who will become unemployed in the near future.

No it’s not, it’s for anyone and everyone on Newstart.

As money is created from debt and destroyed when debt is paid off the best scenario is to give all the money to people who don’t have any debts as they will spend the money and not destroy it by paying off debt with it.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/m...hash=9A8788FD44A62D8BB927123544205CE476E01654

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

The consideration when handing the stimulus money out isn’t who it will affect more but who will spend the money. People on Centrelink benefits are prime candidates because A) They normally live week to week anyway and won’t bank the money and B) They generally don’t have debts like mortgages that they can put the money on which won’t assist the economy at all and will actually make the situation worse by destroying the money.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
There's so many people out there doing it tough and it will be even tougher as things continue but they are not eligible for any hand out, pretty **** when you think people are stressed as it is and bypassing hand outs to them just raises those stress levels. It always has **** me how people who go out and try to make a living get raped by the government, the more you make the more they want but if you're happy to sit at home and do nothing you get rewarded! Everyone should be getting something from this stimulus, these are times of which we have not seen before in our life time and also something we do not know how it will end.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
There's so many people out there doing it tough and it will be even tougher as things continue but they are not eligible for any hand out, pretty **** when you think people are stressed as it is and bypassing hand outs to them just raises those stress levels. It always has **** me how people who go out and try to make a living get raped by the government, the more you make the more they want but if you're happy to sit at home and do nothing you get rewarded! Everyone should be getting something from this stimulus, these are times of which we have not seen before in our life time and also something we do not know how it will end.
We started out fighting over toilet paper in supermarket isles, now the employed people are pissed off at all the wealthfare recipients!
Divide and Conquer!!
Meanwhile, nobody notices the bankers (and insider mates) slipping out the backdoor with all the loot (all the REAL wealth they've stolen)..

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

Yeah I know. People who work hard and save are punished and the leaners are rewarded. I don’t see how people who have been on Centrelink their whole lives deserve to get their pay doubled for 6 months and people who have been working their whole lives and paying taxes don’t get diddly squat unless they lose their job. I won’t be getting anything at all from the government but then again I’ve already done my bit for the economy in their eyes as I just took out a loan to get my VE SSV so I just created 15k into the economy.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
We started out fighting over toilet paper in supermarket isles, now the employed people are pissed off at all the wealthfare recipients!
Divide and Conquer!!
Meanwhile, nobody notices the bankers (and insider mates) slipping out the backdoor with all the loot (all the REAL wealth they've stolen)..

Indeed. It’s going to be the banks and large corporations that make the most out of this as usual. Those that are too big to fail will get bailed out again with the future tax money of the working class and when they are back on their feet again they will get to keep their massive profits as usual, and most of them will pay no tax back to replace what they have stolen from the taxpayer courtesy of their Cayman Islands holding company!

Also they will have a clearer run at screwing us all over once the dust settles as the smaller independent companies that compete against them will be left to go under.