Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IAC issue VX II V6 3.8

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
iac position is set when you turn the key off on V6

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Tip is same size, big enough to seat or end stop without going through the air intake lol, ouchies.

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
What does everyone's car rev up to on initial startup, like in the first second? Mine seems to peak at around 1500 then drop down to 900 with a cold engine. Just thinking it should normally only reach 1000RPM.
Can see this live on the computer display by holding MODE+UP while Turing on ignition, then tapping MODE 10 times then starting engine.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Most cars rev up to 1500 rpm for the first second then drops. The Yaris I drive for work cold start is around 2500 for a good few seconds before it starts dropping. If it's only a second and drops around 900 when cold it's fine. So long as at warm temp it sits between 650 and 750 don't worry about it.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
From memory, you need to rev the car at around 2-2500rpm for 20 seconds or something like that, when you first change it over.
Plus there are two types of IAC valves, one is longer than the other.

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Ok thanks, it might just be till the engine creates a vacuum condition as to why the first second is so high on revs. Still would prefer it lower if it were possible.

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Plus there are two types of IAC valves, one is longer than the other.

What is each one designed for, Different models? Do you know which each is meant for?

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Are those instructions for a VT cause this Pintle is out 29mm according to those measuring lines and there's still heaps of room for it to go out further before it hits anything inside the IAC housing on the throttle body.

I've also seen the IAC motors from VTs have a smaller Pintle diameter than the one in my car, was there a change for the series 2 VX? Maybe there was a different version for this car over the VTs.

kais3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
From what I've gathered 28mm is the right distance it's meant to be out for startup so seems to be ok.
My whole topic was regarding peak revs on startup, as I mentioned idle was fine. Just goes up to 1500 for the first second before coming down to normal quickly.