Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 304 wont Idle. Weird

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I have no idea. I bought the conversion loom and ecu off some guy a few years back.
its HSV stamped and has "unlocked" written on it. I do recall him saying that it has been modified for the conversion.
What trans you have?

lb9

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VN
it's a Nissan re4 transmission. it's been fully manualized so its independent from everything else.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's a Nissan re4 transmission. it's been fully manualized so its independent from everything else.
I've got a manual memcal in my vt for my 6 speed auto with a somethings turned off in the setup.

Try having the memcal replaced with the correct memcal? I think that may correct what is happening.

I got my memcal from @The1.
Send him pm & explain your setup, maybe send him your memcal?

Chat with @The1 & see what he thinks?

lb9

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VN
I also have a spare memcal, it's a come racing upgrade for a VS manual. i'm not sure if swapping them out would work but would it be worth a try?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I also have a spare memcal, it's a come racing upgrade for a VS manual. i'm not sure if swapping them out would work but would it be worth a try?
I don't know?

@Immortality whats your opinion?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you or previous owners had this running with no problems before?

Has these problems just occurred?

Or is this a long time project that you are just ironing the bugs out?

lb9

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VN
Its a long time project, just got it running and driving in the past few weeks. i bought the motor and loom conversion off a guy who had it in his patrol, but rolled it and parted it out. he had it engineered in the early 2000's and was racing it all the way up to 2019 when I bought it off him. I have fully rebuilt the motor as my first real motor build (9.5 comp, decent cam all the rest) runs really well when warmed up, just trying to sort out this idle issue

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a long time project, just got it running and driving in the past few weeks. i bought the motor and loom conversion off a guy who had it in his patrol, but rolled it and parted it out. he had it engineered in the early 2000's and was racing it all the way up to 2019 when I bought it off him. I have fully rebuilt the motor as my first real motor build (9.5 comp, decent cam all the rest) runs really well when warmed up, just trying to sort out this idle issue
Because of the cam you probably need a retune?

Do you have a good local tuner?

lb9

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VN
Nope, its a crow 4001 cam, doesn't require retune.

I have a good local guy I go to, he suggested that cam because I dont have to retune it

Reactions: Lex