Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iChris' VR Statesman

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
thanks. I like the feeling of a chunky steering wheel, I found it far to thin before in my big hands so that was the main reason for adding the cover. the clock does add a touch of class, and at 12 o'clock, there is a little holden lion instead of a notch, the later statesmans didn't have this, I think it was a VR thing as is the second felt lined glovebox.

I'd still like some leather seats though but I'm considering getting the ones I have re-trimmed in grey leather, as they are pitted suede from the factory.

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
soo do the series 3 console 10 times better than standard stato still looks gd man. my vr caprice dash had no logo but the vr stato did on the clock but the logo is the way to go

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I'll have to look into the console and surround.

will it fit my dash? I know the series 3 surround has the sunglasses door, do I need to cut the bit above the radio/climate surround to accomodate this or will I also need the side piece too?

<RaBBiT>

Reaction score
Members Ride
to fit the console you need to cut the radio surround and take out a metal bracket above radio. very easy to do I just drilled out the rivets and the bar comes off.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride

<RaBBiT>

Reaction score
Members Ride
ill see if I can dig up pic for you but when u dummy fit it you will see wat I mean

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
treated the barge to a wash and hand wax today, sparkle sparkle.

nothing I love more than windows with a mirror clean shine.

also dat ass

also getting some work done to the sound system on friday because I can't be bothered doing it myself. I'm getting the 2 amps relocated, one on each side of the flip down door in the boot, getting the cabling hidden away and having the system tuned. I'm also having the sub box set up into a sort of quick release, so I can remove the whole box quickly by simply unplugging the cables and removing them if I ever need to use the boot.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
That opera window looks sexy as ####.... I would kiss it on the mouth after taking it out for a nice dinner date ifyouknowwhatimean