Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ideas..........

shorty_jay23

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS V6
Gday i've just got my first car. Its a 1996 vs commodore but rebadged as a toyota lexcen. Will that affect any parts i need to get?
And also, id like to mod it. Any ideas for exhaust to make it sound a hell of a lot louder and improve looks...........
Cheers.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
get rid of all toyota bars and lights and badges take it back to commodore & put some pics up of it cheers.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh and dont make it loud as hell cause its a 6 it will sound like one of them ferral utes and they sound ....ed just put a 2/5 inch on it and over the radiator intake no pods thats my oppinion cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Firstly, you have a Toyota Lexcen, not a VS Commodore. Just like someone that has a late 90's Astra, it's not a Pulsar.

Most of the parts are VS Commodore parts save for a few cosmetic ones. I think the VIN is even a Toyota Vin, not a Holden one so you can't use that to identify the car. You will have to be careful what actually fits because some parts from series 1 to series 2 were different on the Commodore and it depends on which model Toyota ended up with, a series 1 or a series 2.

Pretty much all the suspension and driveline are the same throughout all the VS series, the only difference being live axle and IRS.

I can do you a 2 1/2" cat back Manta system for $265 shipped. Extractors will cost $385. If you wanted to go a high flow cat to make it louder again, I do them for $195.

shorty_jay23

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS V6
Thanks for the advice guys
Another thing i got bugger all money, so i was thinkin of gettin a cannon from supercheap n fittin that. Good or stupid?

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
nah NO CANNON to ricer spec and they sound like a fat guy farting www.pickandpayless allways have excausts cheers travis.

Blazed1101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
lol please no cannon, look ill be honest as a fellow P plater keep outside of your car COMPLETELY stock, ie make it if you want into the Holden version but try and keep it stock looking, that is unless you want every red and blue sitting on your tail and keeping a big eye out for you throughout the life of you and the car, i wouldn't recommend putting Cannons etc on, (plus cannons are just stupid, may as well get a 1/8th drill bit and make it sound the same for free)

ill put it this way, every night i drive home from work, 30-45 min drive, my old vectra had a loud exhaust, outside cosmetics etc on it and every week without fail i would get pulled over at least once, Ive owned my commodore for abit over three months now, i haven't been pulled over yet. TOUCH WOOD LOL!

anyway just putting my two cents in mate

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I've said it many times before, cannons belong on pirate ships, not Commodores.

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
I've said it many times before, cannons belong on pirate ships, not Commodores.

Lmao! To good! I wouldn't go a cannon mate,

an as long as your within road worthy don't worry bout cops either, if your a doosh about what you do to your car then they will doosh you but if your fine they're fine. It's that simple I don't know how so many ppl don't get it

shorty_jay23

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS V6
Lol thats probs a good op.
Ok so where can i get a cheap decent exhaust system?