Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idle and trans problem

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
there is a vacuum hose that goes from the bottom of throttle body travels under plennum to the back of drivers side engine somwhere real pain in the ass to get back on but easy to come off

Iconic_Lunatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss
ant797 I'm pretty sure I fucked the original gasket or something when I put the plenum back on and is now leaking, but cheers heaps for your time and help. Booked in for the mechanics on Wedsneday so ill let ya know what it is..

And Utel67 I just tried man and nah it kept the same revs at around 1000rpm cold start and still clunked hard.. Just starting to think my diff or tranny has just randomly shat itself.. Always thought they gave you some warning first but obviously not, I never skid it either

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you don't lube the LIM gaskets when you assemble the manifold and plenum you can you can damage the seals on the lower manifold gaskets. Some say you don't need to lube but a Holden tech recommended it be done as you can then slide the manifold into position without fouling the rubber raised bit.

Iconic_Lunatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss
losh1971 I only took the plenums top plate off and cleaned the inside out.. didnt take anything else off.. And I cleaned the throttle body out while it was still attached

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Then what makes you think you have a damaged gasket, besides a vac leak?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I would say your IAC is stuffed and the steps are wrong causing more air in at idle, also I hope you didn't try to clean the TPS with cleaner they are very sensitive and should be left alone.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
And my mate thought it would be a good idea to top up with more trans fluid which may have overflown it, could that cause clunky gears?
Bad move, Overflowing the transmission will make it foam up and give you bad gear shifts. Pretty much starve your transmission burning it out.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If your worried that its sucking in air spray starting fluid around the plenum if it revs up you have a leak, how's the accelerator cable not to tight stopping the butterfly to sit back home.

Iconic_Lunatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss
losh1971 cause I can hear it leaking/hissing around the plenum/TB side and if im guessing right then the plenum rubber gasket isnt sitting properly when I put the plenum plate back on..

Trevor I cleaned the inside of the TB while it was still attached.. Do you reckon I accidently sprayed the sensor?
And he only put in half a litre of tranny oil, is that still enough to stuff it?

Last edited:

Iconic_Lunatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss
And yeah Im getting starter fluid tomorrow and Ill have to check the butterfly tomorrow also to see if its sitting in place, I never touched anything to do with the cables though.. Whats the best way to see if its closing fully?