Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If you had the chance.....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I would have two choices, off to the 70s coz the cars, the music and the chance to actually enjoy some success of the Richmond Football Club or the 80's to view myself as a teenager from the third person.....more out of interest sake than anything else. Would I be prepared to sacrifice one year at the end of my life to do so ? Sure, why not. It would likely mean one year less in a nursing home drooling over myself. I could forego that.

BUT, I wouldn't give myself any advice or change anything. Could I have done things differently ? Probably. But I don't believe in having regrets. Decisions were made at a particular time for a particular reason. If I didn't make those decisions at those times, I wouldn't be the person I am today in the position I am today with a great wife and kids living a comfortable life in a nice home.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
Late to the party since I forgot my username (d'oh), but...

I wouldn't go back. My childhood was pretty crap, surrounded by a family with varying levels of alcohol and drug addiction, broken marriages, violence and so on. I was first exposed to drugs when I was 4 years old and given my first beer at 8. Once I left home and found my independence I stumbled my way through the same vices for a few years and my early 20s are a bit of a haze because of that. I met a great lass in 1995 who would become a good mate, then girlfriend, and now wife for the past 11 years and mother to my two children.

I've vowed to myself to never subject my kids to the environment in which I grew up and have cut ties with my family until they can face up to their own demons and clean up their act. I've chosen to break the cycle and look ahead, not back. For all I know I don't have a year left to live (face it, none of us can be sure) and going back in time would be wasting what little time there is left. Perhaps the most "free" point in my life was just before we got married - we both had high paying jobs and a lot of momentum in our lives - but while it was a fun time there was a hole in it that has since been filled by starting my own family.

If I had to go back and live a year in my life it would be this year. We're financially stable and have a plan for the future that will present a great challenge for ourselves and a fantastic environment in which our kids will learn so much about the world around them and have space to grow into the best people they can be. If anything I can't wait for the future.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Good on you Hertz sometimes it takes bad experiences to appreciate the good ones and it sound like you have a great life to enjoy now

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Ultimately you only go around once. Do what makes to happy and be damned with everything else!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Going back knowing what I know now, all will be much different. Going back in and forgetting the future is déjà vu. My long term memory is super good; do not ask to bring milk on my way home, I will forget it.

I would pick this time. Me, dad, sister and dad's 1969 Pontiac Tempest. That was a company car, every year got a new one. Before that one was the 68 model but blue. However, the red one, is the one that I have more fond memories.

30avouu.jpg

D

devilly

i would change that hilter wouldn't live to see day light and put all those women,men and children through hell.i bet the government would have put in place better board control.when you live in a real world not a delusion one,you know this post is unhealth as the for people that have lost legs,loved ones e.t.c.and been through only downs in life its gonna be over emotional for some people and then who on here will support them.as for me I've had a bad life but it's only making me stronger and more determine :) wouldn't change a thing in my life :) i can do it and i wont complain, i'll just keep on fighting until the day i die :) :)

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Guys I'm over the belittling users do it elsewhere.

Fun is fun but I'm over it and gets old.

Pull your heads in some people aren't as fortunate as some but they certainly don't have a choice.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I am under the impression the poster speaks another language and used an online translator. Have anybody seen Chinese to English translations...?

D

devilly

Guys I'm over the belittling users do it elsewhere.

Fun is fun but I'm over it and gets old.

Pull your heads in some people aren't as fortunate as some but they certainly don't have a choice.
i hope this wasn't aimed at me ? have i missed something ?
this post isn't right i disagree with it. all it does is trigger bad memories for some people,or delusions of grandeur. and some of the replies are heartless comments.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
I would probably hang commodore parts on the time machine and let sit
outside to rust, and not tell anybody about it. Then sell it for scrap when
i need money.

Either that or go to the seventies.