Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I'm A Mod Newbie And Need Serious Advice

Erebus83

Are You Ready To RUMBLE??
Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon: VE SS - Nitrate Metallic - 6sp Man
Well, the XR6 Turbo and the XR8 are the same price, but regardless of going an SS or an XR8 I'm going to face the same exhaust issue

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
correct and same for the xr6 all out of the factory they are gunna be quiet luckly tho turbos can sumtimes muffle noise so you could mayb even run a pip straight out through a cannon but not the sort of thing u have on a aussie car...whats the diff in price between the ss and xr8 also dont forget they will just depreciate in value 2

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well, I've just read a few other exhaust threads on here and now I'm seriously f*cking unsure.

Some people go on Di Filipo, some say Pacemaker's, some say XForce...

The biggest problem is, you won't know what it sounds like until you get it fitted. And I don't know about some people, but I don't have the $$$ to spend on several different exhausts until I find one that I like.

And as I stated above, it's hard to know what just a Cat Back System would sound like as the majority of people have changed their Cats and Extractors and have an CAI...

In all honesty, I'm really getting frustrated with what to do... might just go and buy an 2010 XR6 Turbo and be done with it

LOL, If a V8 confuses you, just imagine the time youre going to have with a turbo.

This is how I rate the brands.

DiFillipo - Great for performance, Expensive
Pacemaker - Good for performance, good for sound, affordable
Xforce - only good for sound, cheap.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
LOL, If a V8 confuses you, just imagine the time youre going to have with a turbo.

This is how I rate the brands.

DiFillipo - Great for performance, Expensive
Pacemaker - Good for performance, good for sound, affordable
Xforce - only good for sound, cheap.

Haha good point Grennan very very true just a brain wave i had 50k thats almost tickleing into HSV land have you thort about a R8 clubby second hand probly but with low ks on it....have more power too but once again the exaust issue lol

Erebus83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, there is no price difference between the XR6 Turbo, XR8 and SS.

They all sit at $53,000 drive away.

So, Grennan... honestly, coz I'm about to pull my hair out (lol)... if I just get a Pacemaker Cat Back System... it should be sweet yeah? It'll give a decent rumble, and the SS should give resemblence of what a V8 should sound like? I'm not going to bother with changing the Extractors or Cats until the warranty has expired.

Erebus83

Reaction score
Members Ride
For some strange reason, everytime I mention Pacemaker Cat Back's to these Exhaust places, everyone starts going on about needing to change the Extractors and Cats... and I'm like "Noooooo, I just want a f*ckin Cat Back System"

I might just source it from Brisbane myself and get the f*cker fitted down there

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well, there is no price difference between the XR6 Turbo, XR8 and SS.

They all sit at $53,000 drive away.

So, Grennan... honestly, coz I'm about to pull my hair out (lol)... if I just get a Pacemaker Cat Back System... it should be sweet yeah? It'll give a decent rumble, and the SS should give resemblence of what a V8 should sound like? I'm not going to bother with changing the Extractors or Cats until the warranty has expired.

Yeah I wouldnt buy the XR8. Ford dont make good V8's. Either get the VE SS or the XR6 T.

Also, cats do not need to be changed unless your making big power. Theyre just trying to flog more products off to you. Same with the extractors. You do not NEEED to do it all at once. You will probally save money on labour costs, but thats about it.

Go in and TELL them what you want, do not give them the hint that you are unsure because they will try and upsell you. Walk in and say I want a pacemaker catback exhaust.

Erebus83

Reaction score
Members Ride
One of the Exhaust guys told me today to only go for a 2.5" Cat Back cause a 3" will use more fuel... I don't see how, but is this true?

Erebus83

Reaction score
Members Ride
But realistically, if I was worried about fuel... I'd buy another 4 cylinder lol