Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

In need of someone with some serious 2006 ve commodore knowledge

Kate78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hi Mechanic ,
Where I took the car to have the transmission done said they couldnt do it as they didn't have the equipment which I thought was strange and told me I needed to take it back to the place I initially had it done at..

Kate78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
So, hang on.
Did you ask them to repair the fault, or just change the oil and filter? or both?
What does your invoice say?
They repaired the fault which was the inhibitor switch within the transmission and also changed the oil and filter

Kate78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Google says ... "The P0500 diagnostic trouble code tells us there is a fault found with the vehicle speed sensor. The speed sensor is monitored by the ECU and when it fails to operate properly the P0500 code is set."

How can anyone not know anything anymore is beyond me ...

Yes after some research I discovered that this is what the fault was.. but why after getting one thing fixed another now shows up.. could this new code be why the stability control off, check engine and contact dealer alerts are all still on??

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes clears most codes, you could try that.

Kate78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Of course that's been tried.. booked in for yet another auto electrician visit today so will find out i guess

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Of course that's been tried.. booked in for yet another auto electrician visit today so will find out i guess

As much as i hate to say it large Dealerships are the go,not much they haven't seen with VE/VF's over the last 13 years .The extra $ are well worth it in the long run instead of going around in circles with 3rd parties.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Isn't the speed sensor internal on the auto trans as well?

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Isn't the speed sensor internal on the auto trans as well?
I know this is 2 years old, but was there ever an answer to that fu? I bought a scanner yesterday an I am getting code P0500. Yet when I refer to my haynes manual, it says "vehicle speed sensor signal missing - M/T models" meaning Manual trans I take it. Just a little confused and want to know if it's a bitch of a repair

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Down load the factory manual.
Way better than Haynes.
You’ll find it easy as with a quick search, add just commodores to your search and bingo.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Down load the factory manual.
Way better than Haynes.
You’ll find it easy as with a quick search, add just commodores to your search and bingo.
mad, I'll do that when i get home, I think I have seen it floating around on a thread. I cleared the code and it's gone now, so whether it was repaired before hand or not I do not know.