Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

incorrect badging of cars.....

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
My "INSANE" Patrol:

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

crash3

captain underpants
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 SSS pulsar 'Jeremy'
whoa dude those 'insane' badges are cool i want some for my datto (im not usre all u guys will agree with me here lol)

AUFalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR6 Falcon
Just read this thread Can i ask what is the go with the chevy badges on all commodores are the owners just dreamers? Given some are running chev motors but what about the sv6's, s's? I find it funny.

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
Just read this thread Can i ask what is the go with the chevy badges on all commodores are the owners just dreamers? Given some are running chev motors but what about the sv6's, s's? I find it funny.

i still dont understand why every one hates the chev badge. ive got them on my vy v6 s, im not trying to flog it off as a v8 there purely for the looks. looks heaps beter than the holden badge IMO. its not as if ive gone and put SS badges on my S. so i would have to say NO, not ALL commodore owners with the chev badge are dreamers. buttt i dont see any harm in dreaming about owning a v8 chev ;)

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
i still dont understand why every one hates the chev badge. ive got them on my vy v6 s, im not trying to flog it off as a v8 there purely for the looks. looks heaps beter than the holden badge IMO. its not as if ive gone and put SS badges on my S. so i would have to say NO, not ALL commodore owners with the chev badge are dreamers. buttt i dont see any harm in dreaming about owning a v8 chev ;)

I hate seeing chev badges on commodores because they are NOT chevs, they are Holdens, whether they have a chev motor or not. If everyone badged their cars according to the kind of engine it had we'd be seeing old corona's with holden badges, and a heap of vl's with nissan badges. And VN-VP commodores with buick badges.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive

I hate hate all badges full stop on Commodores :D

Dazz

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
I hate seeing chev badges on commodores because they are NOT chevs, they are Holdens, whether they have a chev motor or not. If everyone badged their cars according to the kind of engine it had we'd be seeing old corona's with holden badges, and a heap of vl's with nissan badges. And VN-VP commodores with buick badges.

i a;ways understood it as they weren't even chev engines, they're by GM powertrain. they're in chevs, but also in holdens. holden drivers can put a chev badge on just as much as a chev driver can put a lion on.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
Why?
31052009704.jpg
20052009654.jpg

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
I dont see the problem with the chev badges, will be getting some soom on the ss. Its personal choice, just like saying why put 18z on a commodore it looks crap. Theres my rant haha