Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Inner RH front door handle

philbo 53

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais
Hi, just wanting to know how to remove/replace inner door handle for my VF Calais, It has a curtesy light. The chrome is peeling off so need to replace the handle.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
How have you found the fitment of the replacement over time? Is there any play in the handle?

Always wondered given those clips dig into the plastic, if they would get play in them over time (I re-plastic welded mine)
I added hot melt glue around the stubs (after melting them with a big soldering iron) and behind the handle insert shell before I installed it a couple of months ago. Not likely anything will shift over time. Can't tell the difference.
My pack didn't have the clips and I didn't realise I was meant to get them. I hadn't seen the DIY linked here and probably why mine was so much cheaper off ebay.
I already had the trim off, so I thought stuff it, it's happening now and I'm not driving to Bunnings. Whatever is in the shed and will hold the stubs will do, said me to me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is liquid plastic available. I have a kit. It works great as an alternative to plastic welding.