Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Install job.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'd stay away from Strathfield for installs. Autobarn are OK, but I still wouldn't take my own car to them.

The closest places to you that I'd trust with my own car would be Freeway Car Audio (9794 6477) in Dandenong, Phatt Audio Concepts (9580 1282) in Braeside, Frankston Car Audio (9776 4888) or a mobile installer I know (Rob - 0418 769 986).

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Mobile installers are sometimes a good idea, they can be a bit cheaper, and you'll have the opputunity to watch them do it and learn from it

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I'd stay away from Strathfield for installs. Autobarn are OK, but I still wouldn't take my own car to them.

The closest places to you that I'd trust with my own car would be Freeway Car Audio (9794 6477) in Dandenong, Phatt Audio Concepts (9580 1282) in Braeside, Frankston Car Audio (9776 4888) or a mobile installer I know (Rob - 0418 769 986).

Frankston Car Audio is still around? i haven't seen them since before i got my P's, the one in frankston is SOC Customs they are about 2 years old i think and are a AUDIO/BAGS shop. But Freeway + Phatt Audio are good shops, most of the MEA DB/SQ Comps are held there for the area.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Peninsula Car Sound died off as far as I know, but Frankston Car Audio is up and running. The owner is an active member on Mobile Electronics Australia forums.

My bad, didn't even know they existed, thanks for the heads up! Will definitely have to go and check them out, maybe hand in a resume :yeah:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Go with the Frankston mob mate ;)

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Out of curiosity anybody bothered getting a custom install done? How much do they set you back?