Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Cruise Control on a VTII

sflack

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ive been reading the forums for a while, but have never posted!

Last week i bought my first Holden Commodore Wagon VT Series 2 and i absolutely love it! Its so handy for chucking my windsurfing gear in the back of it!

Anyway...

My question to you all is my Commodore didnt come with Cruise Control!

Im not to sure what sort of indicator stalk would fit the VTII without any major wiring issues? Am i able to put it VS, VT, VX, VY?

By the way, whats the difference between the VT and VX Cruise Control?

Where am i able to buy the the stalk? Would you recommend wreckers, ebay or Holden itself!

and... how much would it cost from any of those places?

Thanks again guys!

Take care!
Steve

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Hey Guys,

Ive been reading the forums for a while, but have never posted!

Last week i bought my first Holden Commodore Wagon VT Series 2 and i absolutely love it! Its so handy for chucking my windsurfing gear in the back of it!

Anyway...

My question to you all is my Commodore didnt come with Cruise Control!

Im not to sure what sort of indicator stalk would fit the VTII without any major wiring issues? Am i able to put it VS, VT, VX, VY?

By the way, whats the difference between the VT and VX Cruise Control?

Where am i able to buy the the stalk? Would you recommend wreckers, ebay or Holden itself!

and... how much would it cost from any of those places?

Thanks again guys!

Take care!
Steve
VT VX1 VU WH1 SS HSV CALAIS V6 CRUISE CONTROL - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-Jan-10 19:57:41 AEDST)

thats got everything u need to set cruise control up m8 and a rather good price

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-

Nawww i paid $140 for my ebay kit lol
Totally worth buying, saves $$$ and works the same. and all works unlike after market setups and putting in a new stalk and the rest.
Fitting it not too hard. Found the brake pedal switch the biggest pain as there is very little room.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Just wondering if its my car being silly or not, and i hate to hijack a thread, in the old VN it would sit on around the same revs while on cruise even going up certain hills near my house, in the vt when it gets to these hills my cruise will jump the revs up to 3k to go up these hills, wasting fuel.

Anyone know why?

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Gearbox is dropping down a gear... Although the revs are higher the fuel usage would be similar, and the engine would be under a lot less stress.

The VN would be at lower RPM, but have a higher percentage of throttle... this puts more stress through the engine and driveline, compared to dropping back a gear.

All normal basically.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Ahh good, aha had me worried, it was bugging me on the way to Echuca theres a section of road which goes up and down hill, in the VN there was no change in noise but in the VT it would be driving then rev up then back to normal then rev up then back to normal every time you hit these hills.