Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing new car stereo

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
@duk13y i didnt read the OP properly yeah 6x9s in the doors would certainly be interesting... cheers for pointing that out

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
i've got quotes etc from so many different places, the cheapest quote i got was $500. one was even over a thousand. its an absolute joke. I have a little idea, i did/helped do one in a VR while ago. Most i can do is try, most of this makes alot of sense. may take a while but its do able i recon !

I thought the same when I was looking around and was gonna do it myself coz i really didn't want to spend more money ontop my my system. But it's not an easy job. Ontop of buying all the wire and #### the actual labour will take a long time. I dont see the point of risking your system to save some cash. I got mine done for 590 and the company came to my house and did it all. that included everything like wiring etc. was very handy in my case :)
If i was you i'd strongly suggest getting a pro to install it

borntoraisehell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
jobs already been started, so far so good. we've got three days to see if we can do it, otherwise just gonna take it to a place and let them finish it off !

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
just take your time, If ya get stuck or not sure then come back and we'll help ya.. The whole thing has been pretty much explained for ya, so should be easy for ya to do!

VRMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Station Wagon
How did it end up going? Get it done? Once you get into it it all sorta makes sence i reckon. I was in the same shoes as you once, you just gotta get in there and do it, then the next 50 times you have to do it, its easy. just remember to make sure you ground everything properly to BARE METAL sand it down if need be, get the paint off, and fuse the power wire, if you remember that you can barely mess it up