Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing steering wheel controls

Kdouble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina, CX8 Adventra
Hi all,

I have an aftermarket Jensen headunit which has an input for a steering wheel control system, I have a PAC one on it's way.

But I was wondering because my car, a series 1 VT Berlina didn't come out with the steering wheel controls, do I need to buy a clock spring that has the capabilities or would that only be necessary if I was going to the standard eurovox HU, are the controls themselves powered or do they just act as a bunch of resistors for whatever you connect them to?

Thank you

beauzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro v2
you would need a whole wiring loom in order to get steering wheel controls. and a clock spring as they are powered. I wouldn't bother if i was you.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Generally the plug will be in there,
so all u would need to do is remove the airbag fuse, undo the 4 torx screws on the back of the wheel, gentle remove the centre wheel and disconnect the airbag. Install steering wheel controls, plug in and ur done. Reverse to put back together.

This is for standard steering wheel controls with standard system, I don't know enough about the Jensen hear to know if it's plug and play.