Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing VY S Foglights

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hey all
i have a vy s with the holes in the bumper for the ss foglights but it just has the plastic "blanks" at the moment... i was wondering what you would need other than the foglights, a relay and a new switch to install them and how hard this would be??

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
if you have the wiring installed from factory (which i think you would) its a piece of cake, to check if you do have it pop your head under your front bar and see if there is a small 2 wire harness with a plug on it cliped to the chassie. one on each side under the head light area. if your do all your need is a set of vy foglights, a foglight switch and a relay. the switch and relay i got from holden and the light from ebay ( i have a vx but i got vy ones by misstake) so if you wanna but them PM me

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
From what I've been told the series II VY's unfortunately don't have the wiring so I've heard

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hey thanks for the info
i got a series 2 and from what i can see i dont have the wiring... i had a look with a torch and it is dark so i might be able to find something tomorrow... i did see something just behind the headlights on the right hand side bolted to the sheet metal but there wasnt anything similar on the left hand side... that been said i think i may have just found a worn/broken front sway bar!!! F#%$*CK!!! knew something was wrong there!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The series 2 done have the wiring but the series 1 does

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
thats a bummer
how hard is the wiring to do??? cause if its simple ill give it a go... otherwise ill get some quotes from the mechanic... anyone know a good place in sydney?? preferably in the south??

brek

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy II s pac
hey i got a vy II a pac and i was just wondering how do i wire the fog lights because i got them thinking i had the wiring but it turned out i just have a horn wiring. anyone know how to wire them up?? thanks

Last edited: