Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instrument Cluster VY

dwp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Hi All
How hard is it to swap out the instrument cluster on a VY. and do I need any special tools? Looking at the one I got of commodore wreckers at Southport it looks like 4 screws
Is their only one connection behind it?Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you to the members that replied to my last thread about oil additives.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Looks like 6 screws....2 for the surround and 4 that hold the cluster in situ and 1 connector right in the middle top of the cluster....

dwp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Looks like 6 screws....2 for the surround and 4 that hold the cluster in situ and 1 connector right in the middle top of the cluster....
Thanks for the reply mate

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Make sure the cluster you are replacing yours with is a VY cluster. VZ look the same but are not. VZ plug on the back is blue(?) and VY is grey. I think I got that the right way around?
Anyway, make sure the plug colour on the back is the same colour.

If warnings come up, like airbag warnings etc, and gauges are reading funny you’ll need to send it off to be configured for your car.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Make sure the cluster you are replacing yours with is a VY cluster. VZ look the same but are not. VZ plug on the back is blue(?) and VY is grey. I think I got that the right way around?
Anyway, make sure the plug colour on the back is the same colour.

If warnings come up, like airbag warnings etc, and gauges are reading funny you’ll need to send it off to be configured for your car.

Definately grey for VY.....Pretty sure it was you that gave me that advise when I had to source another cluster for mine, which proved right.. :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can use any cluster in there. Even Stato. They can all be configured for any model. It doesn’t matter if it’s V6 or V8.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
You can use any vy cluster BUT it will need programming to match your car v8 or v6 amount of airbags abs etc side airbags. Very easy with envyous customs software, Body diagnostics. https://www.envyouscustoms.com/product/body-diagnostics/ . You will also need the ALDL cable, if you dont already have one. If its v8 maybe a different cable?

H

harrop.senator

From memory vy has a series 1 and 2 cluster as well and the plugs are slightly different.

Claude R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Just to summarise, the VZ cluster has a blue connector.
The VY has a grey connector. As the Envyous Customs article describes their are many different clusters for different model VY. The 3 LCD display version Series 1 VY cluster is part number 92117031. The series II cluster is part number 92160980.
if you put a series 1 cluster in a series 2 (or vice versa) your fuel meter will read opposite to what the level actually is.