Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interest free mueslim loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
No point, it would just be locked anyway.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
i see where you coming from and for the most part agree (i dont believe we should change to accomodate other cultures), but looking at it from the perspective of a business - if the bank can make money from this market segment previously untapped then im for it, provided it is avaliable to non muslims as well.

That's it. It's NAB trying to get more business, not Muslims forcing their culture on us. If you want to blame anyone, blame NAB.

Provided the same product is available to non-Muslims (and I would think it would have to be not to break anti-discrimination laws) then I see no problem with it. In essence it's a fixed-rate loan for life, which I can see appealing to people because you know exactly what you're getting into.

You can bet your left nut that the banks will want to make a fair buck on the deal though, so I wouldn't expect the rate to be significantly cheaper than the average home loan (in fact they may often be cheaper, depending on interest rates of course).

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Banks fail in general, this proves it.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
nah i still blame the muslims, y should they get special treatment because of their religion?

so can i walk into a bank and say ive just turned muslim and im in the process of growing sh1t beard, can i have a interest free loan?

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i have nothing to say as ill be banned for life..........................

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
it almost worth being banned for life
this is bullshit, how bout the banks help out struggling aussie b4 every1 else!!!!

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
nah i still blame the muslims, y should they get special treatment because of their religion?

so can i walk into a bank and say ive just turned muslim and im in the process of growing sh1t beard, can i have a interest free loan?

That makes about as much sense as blaming women for Jaycar selling pink tool sets.

NAB saw a market segment they think they can make money in, and they are going for it.

By the way, it's not an interest free loan - it's an extended lay-by contract.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
it does say anyone can get the loan, but the question is how?
surely 'everyone' cannot get an interest free loan such as this, even with the profit built in, imagine the money lost over a 30 year house loan - money the bank wouldnt get.

Status
Not open for further replies.