Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

internet USAGE!

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
TPG is fairly well known.. mm each to there own i guess.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
lol, geez. Makes me want to put a password on my wireless network.. how do u? i have windows xp

Yer it not too hard u need to get into your router/modem config page and do it from there, it will be accessed through the web browser, different ways to get it to come up depending what brand of router/modem u have. Just google it helped me lol im bad with networks n all that

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
id rather go with a proper company like internode and iinet and have the reliability

Do internode have a true unlimited plan?

All the feedback from aapt customers so far seems good, tpg's plan has only been out for about a week, so i doubt any have actually connected yet (but never heard anything bad about their normal connection, just really **** tech support service)

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
no, but a lot of people on whirlpool complain about low speeds and drop outs especially during peak time due to network congestion with tpg and aapt.
just go through the forum and see what people say about each isp, if you're with a porper isp like internode or iinet you will always have a fast, stable and reliable conenction

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
no, but a lot of people on whirlpool complain about low speeds and drop outs especially during peak time due to network congestion with tpg and aapt.
just go through the forum and see what people say about each isp, if you're with a porper isp like internode or iinet you will always have a fast, stable and reliable conenction

Thats funny, i've been monitoring the AAPT feedback very carefully, as thats who i plan to join with. Only one person mentioned dropouts/speed problems, but later showed it was due to his modem, not the companies service.
Havn't paid much attention to TPG, wont join with them because of a bad experience before (just a shitty sales person)

(For the record, i wouldn't call internode or iinet a proper isp......there barely heard of outside of whirlpool)

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
look at the time and date, the first 3 threads are about slow speeds and there others regarding the same subject and also port blocking.

also iinet is australia 3rd largest tier 3 isp behind optus' and telstra's tier 3 operations

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
look at the time and date, the first 3 threads are about slow speeds and there others regarding the same subject and also port blocking.

also iinet is australia 3rd largest tier 3 isp behind optus' and telstra's tier 3 operations

Have a look at the threads in the iinet section, theres basically 3 identical ones lol (slow speeds, have had enough with iinet....)
My comment was, they arent any different to TPG or AAPT in terms of isp. Being 3rd to telstra and optus is nothing i'd be bragging about (the 2 WORST isp's you could choose)

anyway, were way off topic, feel free to PM me if you want to continue this (although theres nothing more to say, considering theres the same types of threads in both ISPs sections)

Edit: i just read a few of those threads. Slow downloads because of lack of seeds can hardly be attributed to the isp......

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi all, i am currently with people telecom for my fone and adsl1.
Adsl 1500/256 costs $50 a month which gives me 10gig peak and 20 gig off peak(midnight till 7am).
I get throttled back to around dial up speeds every couple of months.
I am not having much luck finding a better deal.
I find a lot of adsl2 plans that are better(think exetel had 20gig peak and unlimited offpeak midnight to midday) but i cant get adsl2 with most companys.
I only want to spend around the $50 mark but may spend a bit more depending on house fone price.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a better plan? I like optus fusion plan but that doesnt have peak/off peak.
I have searched on whirlpool etc but havent had any luck. My fone number is 0268471*** if anyone wants to use a availability checker.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers Shane

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Adsl 1500/256 costs $50 a month which gives me 10gig peak and 20 gig off peak(midnight till 7am).
I find a lot of adsl2 plans that are better(think exetel had 20gig peak and unlimited offpeak midnight to midday) but i cant get adsl2 with most companys.
I only want to spend around the $50 mark but may spend a bit more depending on house fone price.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a better plan? I like optus fusion plan but that doesnt have peak/off peak.
I have searched on whirlpool etc but havent had any luck. My fone number is 0268471*** if anyone wants to use a availability checker.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers Shane

Internode have an easy broadband plan for $49 for 50gb anytime. Internode :: Residential :: Broadband :: ADSL :: Easy Broadband :: Plans :spot on:

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon

Thanks in advance.
Cheers Shane

Have a look at exetels 1500/256 plans. FP-C1 $95.00* /churn 6 Months /contract $50.00 /month 12 GB + $0.50/GB thereafter / 12pm till midnight, No Limit = Unlimited / no charge (with in reason) 12am till midday.