Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

inverted colour pioneer 7650

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
Hi, I recently had to replace my battery, and when I reconnected the new one, my head unit started playing tricks on my mind... It is a Pioneer DEH7650 and has an OEL display (the bright blue one that can do animations) Recently however (as soon as I noticed it after the battery was changed) the head unit started to invert the colours on me, and now i get strange animations because white lights show up as black and black lights show up as white, so it is the opposite to what it should be...

Has anyone been through this experience before? And if so, could you fix it, and again if so, how was it done???

Also, after i took the battery off, my trip computer (VS S1 Berlina) was erased and is now acting funny, does anyone know the calibration numbers for the computer for a VS series 1 Berlina???

Cheers guys - Joe

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
Im not too sure about the head deck but have you tried going through the settings or prefferences of the head deck cause installing a new battery may have reset the head deck to factory settings or something, i dunno give it a go.

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
thanks anyway, but i figured it out!!! Took me over an hour but hey, here it goes.

For anyone that has this head unit or another like it, pioneer have a feature demo, which you can turn off using the "6" key on your deck faceplate... However, contained within this feature demo is a thing called reverse mode. In this mode it flips the colours at random intervals, so nothing is wrong with the unit. It can be turned off by using the "5" key.

Hope this helps anyone else who was in same situation as me!!!

'Ave a good'un - Joe

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
read the manual man.. its a feature of the HU.. I have the same HU

It is an annoying feature of the head unit..

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Why are you replying to a topic that is over a year old? Also, the answer was given already.

Anyway, it is an annoying feature, but I turned mine off and now I have my favourite radio station burnt into the face... So it's there to protect the face from damage.