Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IQ + Ipod = recurring connectivity problem

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Anyone having issues with ipod connectivity and their IQ system?

I leave my ipod classic connected constantly, and it seems every couple weeks my IQ system decides to say "ipod connecting" or whatever it says without actually connecting. I've tried disconnecting the ipod and reconnecting it. It seems the only thing that works most of the time is to reset the ipod. On other occasions nothing but time seems to sort it out (like tonight).....hopefully it works tomorrow.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SV6
Have you had the unit updated? I use to have this problem a fair bit before the update, haven't really had an issue since the update.

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Have you had the unit updated? I use to have this problem a fair bit before the update, haven't really had an issue since the update.

Yes it's been updated.

By "haven't really had an issue since the update" do you mean you have actually had the problem? or...you haven't?

EraserHead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 - Alto Grey
Yep - I've got the same problem. Not a big issue as the problem is often a month apart. If I reset my iPod it connects fine again. Mine has had the update to the IQ system... dunno if I would recommend this update to anyone... I think it caused more problems than it solved. :(

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Yep - I've got the same problem. Not a big issue as the problem is often a month apart. If I reset my iPod it connects fine again. Mine has had the update to the IQ system... dunno if I would recommend this update to anyone... I think it caused more problems than it solved. :(

I was thinking maybe it's time based (if you leave your ipod in all the time). I spend A LOT of time in my car each week which may be why I get the problem more often than most. I pretty much never change the audio source to anything either.

Isneyday

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Yeah, I've got this issue as well. I got more issues once I had the update, with this in particular...

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Same iPod issue. Different interface. I suspectvthe iPod doesn't always disconnect properly or time out. May be worth reboot ing once a week? On Monday's I take it into the office and synch and reboot it.

It may not be a windows product, but it will still have failings.