Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Read an article in the car magazine, Holden named the V6 NG Commodore "VRX" instead using "SS", hinting there are better things to come for the "SS" badge.
Nah, they're just lining up the Opel-sourced product range & differentiating from prior "oversized poorly made thirsty" Commodores.
Even they wouldn't apply an SS badge to a V6 Commodore (except of course for a special racing category when a V8 one actually exists).

They've said all along they're importing a V8 coupé, and Camaro makes more sense than Corvette for that (due to price - Camaro would be Mustang priced, Corvette would be more like 911 priced) ... if an SS badge happens, I reckon it'd only be if they go with the Camaro.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Here's a question I haven't seen raised so far.

If the Camaro lands here, will it be a Holden Camaro? The Suburban was sold under the Holden name, as I think, has every imported "Holden" with the exception of the HA Viva been.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Even they wouldn't apply an SS badge to a V6 Commodore (except of course for a special racing category when a V8 one actually exists.

Holden applied the SS badge to the supercharged VT back in the late '90's.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If the Camaro lands here, will it be a Holden Camaro?

Ahhh, Yeah, Nah, mate.
Haveta be a Holden Monaro, cos that's wot 2 door Holdens R.
Then we can stick the Chev badge on em, en pretend that they R really Chevs.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
In the news, Victoria Police will use BMW530d as their Highway Patrol vehicles, apparently the new NG isn't "large" nor "powerful" enough. There are around 1,000 highway patrol vehicles around, 400+ in NSW and 200+ both in Queensland and Victoria. BMW 530d has 195 kw and 620 Nm but much better fuel consumption of 5.1 litre/100 km. BMW will supply 80 vehicles to Victoria Police. Perhaps there will be "cheap" 530d ex-police fleet vehicle coming onto the market in few years' time.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden applied the SS badge to the supercharged VT back in the late '90's.
True; they could have used an SS badge on the new one if the V6 were force-fed.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just putting it out there - ZB or it's facelift which might be past the point of no return manufacturing wise will be the last Commodore. To answer the question - I don't see any circumstances in which I'd buy a ZB after owning 30 or so Commodores of which 10 were from new.

smurfmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf redline
Simply no. I have no interest in a rebaged import that really is not a commodore. I don't see why holden doesn't rename itself more honestly as chevrolet. Holden was a local car manufacturer, when you don't actually make any cars you are nothing but a name that stands for nothing. I'd be more inclined to enbrace a chevrolet badge. I would buy a chev camaro but not a holden camaro, just doesn't mean anything, i'd feel like a tool.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
We're getting the next gen Vette at a cost of $200k. HSV will import the Camaro and convert it at am entry point of $90k for the SS. Meh for both.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
They'll sell Camaro at Rustang prices; they know they can't plonk such a huge markup on something cheaper/nastier than a $32k Toyobaru regardless of V8 engine.