Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Here's a question I haven't seen raised so far.

If the Camaro lands here, will it be a Holden Camaro? The Suburban was sold under the Holden name, as I think, has every imported "Holden" with the exception of the HA Viva been.

God I hope they don't call it a Holden.

Also yes I'd consider it as a replacement for the VF

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
In the news, Victoria Police will use BMW530d as their Highway Patrol vehicles, apparently the new NG isn't "large" nor "powerful" enough. There are around 1,000 highway patrol vehicles around, 400+ in NSW and 200+ both in Queensland and Victoria. BMW 530d has 195 kw and 620 Nm but much better fuel consumption of 5.1 litre/100 km. BMW will supply 80 vehicles to Victoria Police. Perhaps there will be "cheap" 530d ex-police fleet vehicle coming onto the market in few years' time.

SA is going with the NG around 100 vehicles(having said that they have stocked up on VF's atm)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Camaro will have to be converted over the rhd so that is the mark up cost. They're not making it a lhd/rhd package out of the factory like Mustang.
HSV are converting Rams at the moment with mixed quality success.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ That story about the cancelled gerlytruk is about a ... well, Opel version of a Toyota Kluger is probably a good example, it's a jacked-up inferior Camry but totally different panels etc.
The Tourer is more like an Outback is to a Liberty, or an XC70 is to a V70; 2" higher springs for poorer handling and some grey/silver plastic flares, easy to build based on the (already existing) Insignia wagon.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Read an article in the car magazine, Holden named the V6 NG Commodore "VRX" instead using "SS", hinting there are better things to come for the "SS" badge.

Yeah, like a ZL1

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
In the news, Victoria Police will use BMW530d as their Highway Patrol vehicles, apparently the new NG isn't "large" nor "powerful" enough. There are around 1,000 highway patrol vehicles around, 400+ in NSW and 200+ both in Queensland and Victoria. BMW 530d has 195 kw and 620 Nm but much better fuel consumption of 5.1 litre/100 km. BMW will supply 80 vehicles to Victoria Police. Perhaps there will be "cheap" 530d ex-police fleet vehicle coming onto the market in few years' time.

i saw a AMG Benz Police Car recently on the Sunshine Coast. Looked like an AMG A45.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
The NG commodore should be a good performing car with the 8 sp auto, much better than the old out dated 6sp rubbish that's good in 1st and 2ed and then just dies in the arse in 3rd, if the ratio is cut back and halved in 3rd she will power on like a rocket and then with the old 3rd ratio becoming 4th she will perform real well.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ I'm not entirely convinced that marketing people have a clue.
They probably look at how poorly the Malibu & Epica sold despite being almost as large yet way cheaper than a Commodore, and decided it must have been because of a badge people didn't know.
Solution --> use badge people know!
They should do a new Camira, and a P76 Edition while they're at it.

I think the real problem for sales of Malibu/Epica etc is the "Daewoo" connection. My Daughter called me and asked my opinion on a Barina a few years a go. I warned her to pay a bit more and buy a Japanese mini car as the Barina was actually a Daewoo. She told me it was a Holden and not a Daewoo. Bought it and it spent most of its time in the Holden Dealer being rebuilt. (Spat out engine oil onto their brand new concrete in the carport after arriving home from work one day) It was not until I opened the bonnet and showed her the Daewoo plate on the firewall that she grudgingly accepted it was a Holden Daewoo. Traded it in after that. Holden has been selling us particular garbage cars for years now (Captiva) and the Opel (Renault) is refreshing, but it should have a had a new name. GMH could have run a naming competition and the winner receive one as the prize. That would have received better press than they are getting at the moment......