Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
personally I don't know about the interior, for me it seems a bit mish mash and incohesive compared to the VF. Looks like it has dated already

retro - (adjective)
imitative of a style or fashion from the recent past.

you've given them an extra adjective for their next brochure

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
when I mentioned they were a little skinny, I was told that the side bolsters are active, so they can be moved

Was the salesgirl referring to your side bolsters?o_O

Adjustable side bolsters as standard equipment have been available in some cars for close to 30 years. I don't think it is beyond Holden to finally catch up.

Last edited:

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Yeah you would see the trailer and that is it and it will constantly beep each time you change back into reverse after pulling forward. They are a pita as you need to keep pressing the button to stop the beep. You can set up a camera on the trailer gate though.

Out of context for a VF, but on my 09 VE SS I have an aftermarket dual camera with 7" screen (dashtop). I use it for caravan towing. I have a camera on the back of van plus the usual camera on the boot lid. When you reverse of course the camera on the boot lid is active. When not reversing the (wired) camera on the back of the van is on all the time. Unless your driving on curve sections of road I often can't see anything that's traveling close behind me except with the camera on the back of the van. What I did find was a pain was when reversing with the van that the camera on the boot lid is active so still can't see anything behind the van. I've now installed a switch to break the power feed from the reverse light circuit, so if switched the camera on the van remains active while reversing. I've yet to use it since installing the switch, but I'm sure it will be very useful to see behind the van rather than having the screen full of caravan when reversing.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I reckon having a camera on the back of a van would work great.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
All we can do is hope for a comeback - last time it took 6 years (‘84 to ‘90) so on that basis maybe 2024? But sadly it looks unlikely this time.
Yeah with Holden having closed down production i doubt we will ever get them back again now :(

Did it have all that auto parking stuff like the Commo or did Holden expect buyers to have a chauffeur
Yeah it has all the auto parking and extra features yes. Pretty much the front interior of the Caprice V is like a Calais V with the rear seating being different & including the twin DVD screens.

I assume the last Caprice V would have been in 2017 the same as VF. AFAIK the “Statesman” nameplate was pensioned off at the end of WM/VE series 1 in 2010.
Holden wanted to try and market the model towards a younger group hence with the idea of dropping the Statesman nameplate.
Pretty much from 2010 and onwards anything badged as a Caprice was technically a Statesman spec wise while Caprice V was the actual Caprice spec LWB.
I don't know....for me the Statesman name was around for so long it was a shame when Holden decided to ditch it. I honestly don't think it made much difference in the end at all anyways sales wise.
For me ever since i was a kid i was always fascinated with the Statesman/Caprice models and i didn't even think for one moment if the nameplate of the car reflected for my age.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't know....for me the Statesman name was around for so long it was a shame when Holden decided to ditch it. I honestly don't think it made much difference in the end at all anyways sales wise.
Agree on it making no difference from a sales point of view (in the same way I reckon calling the ZB Commodore an Insignia would make little to no difference either way).
As for Statesman vs Caprice, I (probably incorrectly) always associated the Caprice name with "trying to be American"; I've not heard the Statesman name WRT American cars but the Caprice name I'd heard. So I always thought a Statesman Caprice was having your Statesman with extra Americanness; extra chrome, extra luxo features, extra chintz. You were putting Caprice cheese-sauce all over your Statesman steak.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Nash made a Statesman in the mid 50's. Apart from the indigenous nameplates, (Monaro, Torana, Barina and Camira), I think every Holden model name would have appeared on an American vehicle beforehand, or a modified Opel with Anglicised spelling (ie Kommodore).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Nash made a Statesman in the mid 50's.
I figured that would be the case, but nobody's ever heard of one ... whereas the name "Caprice" is all over the place in popular culture (for some reason).

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah with Holden having closed down production i doubt we will ever get them back again now :(

Yeah it has all the auto parking and extra features yes. Pretty much the front interior of the Caprice V is like a Calais V with the rear seating being different & including the twin DVD screens.

Holden wanted to try and market the model towards a younger group hence with the idea of dropping the Statesman nameplate.
Pretty much from 2010 and onwards anything badged as a Caprice was technically a Statesman spec wise while Caprice V was the actual Caprice spec LWB.
For me ever since i was a kid i was always fascinated with the Statesman/Caprice models and i didn't even think for one moment if the nameplate of the car reflected for my age.
Same. I've loved every model since the HQ and the Brougham's before them.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Nash made a Statesman in the mid 50's. Apart from the indigenous nameplates, (Monaro, Torana, Barina and Camira), I think every Holden model name would have appeared on an American vehicle beforehand, or a modified Opel with Anglicised spelling (ie Kommodore).
Kingswood and Premier too?