Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is anyone else getting bored with HSV's offerings ?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
once they used to be called Holden Special Vehicles
now I think it's more appropriate that they are called Holden Several Vehicles....

there used to be something kind of special about them. They were limited in numbers, only a few models available, some models were built with racing in mind. Now HSV just seems to plonk a crate engine in cars, create a few different body kits and differentiate them by the various electronic gimmicks fitted to them....

sure they have the big hp and stuff, they just seem to be too common now, nothing particularly special about them.

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Think about the original WRX STI. Limited edition, owners promised no more so price would go up. Sold too well so they kept production going.

HSV is the same - as many as possible, nothing overly special when it is built to demand and there are some left over. There are enough fools with them, so they will eventually become collectable once they start to vanish.

Better off going HDT if you have the $.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
wankers with money, they just want one... i wonder what percentage of car enthusiasts actually own them...

TGR 35S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
Was just saying same thing to a mate the other day was never a big fan of the vr vs but would love to get my hands on a vs Gts 215i now

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I agree. They need to so more limited editions. The Skaife Senator and SV6000 are my favorites. Z series HSV's are the best.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
It's the black edition and the very limited editions like the HDT Blue Meanie (VE) that are the 'Special' ones now...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
But the Black Editions arent special at all. They look cheap and tacky in person.

Thats the problem with demand, especially from a car company. HSV are in such demand its hard not to keep...essentially...printing money.

I really love the FPV Black, which they will be putting into a limited production of 150.

captaincupcake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega - SS Mock Up
grennan is so right its not funny. at the melbourne auto show they had the black edition hsv's and they were cheap. they have basically but pieces of black plastic on them. the black plastic that covers the bonnet flutes felt like you could just rip it off as you walk past. I would hdt atm if it were me. Or w427 if i had the money

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
In all honesty I just can't see the value over an SS with leather. That way you have plenty of money for a wheel change and some mods, and you also loose all those audi lights with I don't like.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Was just saying same thing to a mate the other day was never a big fan of the vr vs but would love to get my hands on a vs Gts 215i now

funny you should say that lyle i was looking at VS GTS's on carsales after seeing owens new vs clubby, id love one too, cherry black of course :p, but yes i 100% agree with the OP, theres nothing special about them anymore, just overrated wank factor