Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is anyone else getting bored with HSV's offerings ?

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have a savings fund currently saving for a VS GTS. There is something about them that i just fell in love with when i seen it But yeah the new models are ridiculously common every 'tom dick and harry' own one!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
But the Black Editions arent special at all. They look cheap and tacky in person.

Thats the problem with demand, especially from a car company. HSV are in such demand its hard not to keep...essentially...printing money.

I really love the FPV Black, which they will be putting into a limited production of 150.

Yeah true...I don't like them as there is nothing 'uniquely special' about them...

Basic point of the conversation is Economics....the demand is there now, so supply meets the demand...

I'd prefer if everyone just bought SS's and the HSV's were the 'VERY SPECIAL' ones like the super duper AMG sort of models. But same problem, every wanker has one.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It would probably be easier for HSV if Holden released the next model Commodore. The VE is getting boring as it's been in production for five years and it would be difficult to keep coming up with something innovative each year when the basic car still looks like it did in 2006. You can only change bumpers and lights so many times before you start repeating yourself.

captaincupcake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega - SS Mock Up
got a spare $119,000?

Nope. one of the guys i work with has one so i guess i can ride in one just not own one

that has been on carsales for ages. no one wants to pay that much a car like that is only worth how much someone is willing to pay

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
No. I just want one. Black Edition and Audi lights notwithstanding.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
a car like that is only worth how much someone is willing to pay

thats right, ive seen people pay almost 10 grand for a vt v6 calais... you can get a vx ss for under 10k now, somone will eventually pay a stupid price for a car if the seller is paitient

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yes you can a VX SS for under 10k now but most of them are pretty ratty....i paid 15 for mine and its mint as, it may have 140,000 on the clock but everything is pristine, no a single scratch on her...
My car only had one owner previously and when i bought it i got a folder that was full of reciepts including the one for the tank of fuel in 2002 when he picked up the car from holdens...