Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is anyone else getting bored with HSV's offerings ?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I agree. They need to so more limited editions. The Skaife Senator and SV6000 are my favorites. Z series HSV's are the best.

Isn't saying "They need to do more limited editions" a contradiction in itself?

I agree, way too many HSV's on the roads these days. I mean, the VE GTS is more common on the roads than say VZ R8's. No bias.

But seriously. Since I've had my VZ R8, I have seen 2 others on the road. VE GTS on the other hand it just around ever corner.

There used to be a passion behind HSV's, they were actually special. Not they have just become a good way to make more money.

Realistically, in terms of production it costs bugger all to produce a HSV vs a a standard Holden. Same plastics, same metal just a few additional shiney bits. What they used to have going for them was the prestige of being special and limited, but these days all they retain in regards to being "special" is a high price price.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
grennan is so right its not funny. at the melbourne auto show they had the black edition hsv's and they were cheap. they have basically but pieces of black plastic on them. the black plastic that covers the bonnet flutes felt like you could just rip it off as you walk past. I would hdt atm if it were me. Or w427 if i had the money

Yeah I saw it and you looked at the additions and they were bits of black plastic...

Looked at the interior and the "Black Edition" font is ripped straight from MS Paint.

The wheels are the only thing actually worth a look.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Yes you can a VX SS for under 10k now but most of them are pretty ratty....

ive seen mint ones go for 10, ratty one more like 7-8k, hell ive even seen WH's with ls1 and leather go for 10

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
ive seen mint ones go for 10, ratty one more like 7-8k, hell ive even seen WH's with ls1 and leather go for 10

Depends what state your in, NSW is typically one of the cheaper states along with SA.

But yeah here, 10 grand will get you an auto VX SS. Really need to go up around 12 for good ones with a t56.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
One of my favorite HSVs is the VTII GTS. Love that thing.

commwreck in sydney just got a smashed one in.. huge hit on the drivers door. would be lucky if the driver survived.. black, red/black leather, kinda sad to see a nice car like that

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Personal fave of mine is the green vx gts, I remember first seeing it at the Adelaide motor show (whatever happened to that post 08 financial crisis anyway???!!!)

In Adelaide our car market may seem to have some "bargains" from time to time, even though I strongly disagree but remember one very important thing... We don't have annual inspections of our cars EVER so you really don't know what you're buying!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
my favourite HSV's would be the VL Walkinshaw & VN Grp A.
These cars were limited edition and built for racing. They didn't just plonk a crate engine in them and add a body kit. The engines were specific to these models, and the body kits were wind tunnel tested and developed with racing in mind. These cars were indeed 'special'

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
commwreck in sydney just got a smashed one in.. huge hit on the drivers door. would be lucky if the driver survived.. black, red/black leather, kinda sad to see a nice car like that

Bah, such a shame to lose a nice car. I think there was only 300 made or something? Plus the wheels are bloody hot, suit it to a T.