Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it difficult to lower a VX Commodore?

A

andy87

Just wanted people thoughts on lowering i have bought a set of 19's for my car i was looking at getting it lowered

is this a difficult process and if i was to do it myself how long would it take

just looking at the threads now with my car been an s-pack it comes with FE2 suspension....
what items would i need to have it lowered and then i would get someone to do it for me cheap
my vehicle has done just over 140,000 clicks also

all feedback would be great

Last edited by a moderator:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Well it is not an easy job especially if you don't know how to do it. The front more so than the rear. You will need spring compressors for the front and you have to remove the struts to do it. If you are pretty mechanically minded it is not too difficult, but if not your better off getting it done to avoid any problems.

A

andy87

yeah i noticed that in other posts
just keen to know what items i require to purchase to have somebody do it for me

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
You need the lowered springs, which I don't know too much about but I'm sure others will give plenty of advice about what type you need. Since your car has done 140.000 kms, you should also change the shockies unless they have already been done.

A

andy87

i have been able to get a quote and the best one is $440 and it would be lowered 25mm
is that a relatively good price?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
you need front and rear springs. King Springs or Lovells

If you havent changed your shocks then get some new ones as well but if your gonna lower it SuperLow or more then it is advised to get new shorter shocks.

you will also need to get 4 wheel alignment done once it is all in.

if you want to have a practical setup and not scrap most of the time then go with Low (30mm) front and SuperLow (50mm) at rear.
i have that setup and suits my everyday driving good.

if you go lower you might have scraping issues because of the S pack kit on it.

A

andy87

yeah i wasnt going to look at getting it super low been an s pac with fe2 already yeah im gonna have to have the shockys looked at because i only want to get basic lowered cheap as chips
how much would springs cost all up?

glen_56

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt in progress
The springs should only cost you around $300 for the set. I wouldn't change the shocks unless you go lower than superlows. With superlows the rear springs will still stay trapped. If you want some superlow rear springs I have some that I used for about 2 weeks because I went lower.

There not hard to change. The rears only take about 15mins, just make sure the handbrake is off to make it allot easier. The fronts are a bit harder, might be better to get someone else to do them if you don't know what your doing.

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
if you plain to have people in the back i wouldnt go to superlows in the rear as i have lows in my vt and it scraps badly when people are in the back

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
glen_56 said:
The springs should only cost you around $300 for the set. I wouldn't change the shocks unless you go lower than superlows.
If the car has done 140,000 Kms and they are the original shocks it would be wise to change them while you've got everything apart.