Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is my car a write-off?

vzh00n

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive 04
It doesn't take a lot for them to write-off VRs/VSs these days. A few panels, and it's total loss.

My VR was written off a few weeks ago, and the engine(minus radiator)/suspension/steering were pretty much untouched.

car3.jpg

CopyofImage002.jpg

my vz got pushed into a pole by a @@@@ head driver!!!, front bar radiator, all stuffed, hoping 4 a write off.....

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
my vz got pushed into a pole by a @@@@ head driver!!!, front bar radiator, all stuffed, hoping 4 a write off.....

Difference being airbags......

VS Execs don't have them. They add a fair bit to the cost of repair.

Dinwoodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Forester GT, ET Turbo Pulsar, VS 5.0L Ute
The way they calculate if your car is a write off is if the total cost to repair matches or exceeds 70% of the cars value. so you decide what you think your cars worth to sell if the accident hadnt of occured then see what it would cost to fix and do the math

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The way they calculate if your car is a write off is if the total cost to repair matches or exceeds 70% of the cars value. so you decide what you think your cars worth to sell if the accident hadnt of occured then see what it would cost to fix and do the math

And that goes on Market Value, not what some 'dreamers' think their car is worth ;)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I'd say Repairable Write-off so. VS's are worth jack to insurance co's.

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
insurance claim

please just take it to your insurers recomended repairer,if you dont have your own and save yourself a lot of time,put your claim in and keep following up the phone contact.
panel and paintwork appears minimal but suspension can be expensive,strut assembly,hub,rim and possibly tyre,wheel alighnment,front sub/x member frame,pwr steer issues,l/h/f rail damage is always possible but in this case probably unlikely
but you never really know until you look
imo if most of the above if required they will pay you out
possibly the best thing for you
good luck and keep in contact with your insurer and get the name of your contact person for quick and easy referance,or the assesors name
cheers