Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is my VE Calais a write-off?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
If the damage is half the value it'll be written off.

So if it's only say 11k it'll be a write off and I'd guess it'll come close. Looks like your up for a bare metal respray :(

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
They will fix that for sure mate.. My mate up the road had his ba falcon wagon roof jumped on and caved in so the panel shop cut the roof off and replaced it and resprayed the roof and bonnet.. Hope you find out who trashed your car..
Did you do a police report as well?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If the damage is half the value it'll be written off.

So if it's only say 11k it'll be a write off and I'd guess it'll come close. Looks like your up for a bare metal respray :(
Not exactly true. If the cost of repairs plus the wreck value of the car exceeds the payout they'll write it off. Example... Repairs are 15K, wreck value is 8K and payout is 25K it'll be repaired because it's the cheapest option for the insurance company.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
:cry:

Seeing those pictures... I feel for you. Im sorry to see such a nice looking vehicle raped in such a fashion..

Unfortunately, that looks very close to being a write off.
New bonnet, rear glass, drivers glass, chrome door trims means we are already talking thousands of dollars without even looking at a full respray.

The big problem here is a lot of those scratches look like they have gone back to bare metal.
The problem there is you either need to hi fill and rub back all those scratches, or replace the cheaper panels such as guards boot bonnet.
Either way its a very big job to do properly.

Im very very sorry to see this :(

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
One thing I would be looking at doing very very soon is fitting up some CCTV cameras at your home for some extra security.

The problem with the type of bastards that do this is that if they feel they can get away with this sort of $h!t without getting caught, they tend to keep behaving like complete asshats, often escalating with this kind of $h!t....

Drakul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Calais
They will fix that for sure mate.. My mate up the road had his ba falcon wagon roof jumped on and caved in so the panel shop cut the roof off and replaced it and resprayed the roof and bonnet.. Hope you find out who trashed your car..
Did you do a police report as well?

Yeah I did a report. Unlikely it will go anywhere just due to insufficient evidence but at least it's on record if it happens again.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Either way, I seriously hope the person who did it gets hit by a truck. They clearly deserve it.

AGREED! That's disgusting! Doing that to ANY car ever!

Anyway, if you cars insured for 22 it won't get written off. Because most of it is scratches it's mainly paintwork they're going to be doing. If they had of kicked every panel in it would have been a bit more iffy.

Drakul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Calais
One thing I would be looking at doing very very soon is fitting up some CCTV cameras at your home for some extra security.

The problem with the type of bastards that do this is that if they feel they can get away with this sort of $h!t without getting caught, they tend to keep behaving like complete asshats, often escalating with this kind of $h!t....

Yeah, will need to look at getting some cameras...will ease the families nerves too..Hopefully it was just a once off thing and the bastard has got it out of their system. As I said, my line of work tends to not to be too popular with unsavoury types but I havnt done anything directly to piss anyone off.