Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
For me I don't think it will matter that much, I love my new SSVR I've had it a week now just love driving it. I think you get better sound from the manual. No matter what year VF SSV you get you are going to love driving it.
Just remember they are holden so the more new technology they put in next years model the more likely you are going to have glitches.
MRC yeh is good but more of a novelty as my friends who have GTS and Senator tell me they never change it from sport setting. Heat seats would be great but I think aircon seat would be better, and seat memory don't need I am the only 1 driving it as my misses has auto license only.... Hehehe told her it only comes in manuals
Love my new SSVR just drives awesome

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hey SuperCoach I thought you were waiting for a 17. Any reason for buying now?

Main reason was cos of Jungle Fever or Jungle Green as most people call it. I saw the colours that were coming out on MY17 and didnt like any of them. Im not a fan of the Chevy SS seats coming out, I think our current seats look better. It would of been nice to have heated/memory seats. The special Bathurst edition will only come out in selected colours, so you are limited once again. I just thought I got the MY16 for a great price and in the colour I always wanted and had more room to option it how I want. The other is build quality, I know the guys and gals do such a great job at HVO but they just lost another 320 jobs and are cutting back cars to only 170 a day (currently is 260 a day) I remember back in the day in 2005, 870 cars were made a day with one coming off the line every 60sec. Its now blown out to every 103sec and will probably go to 160sec now. So build quality may slip towards the end

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
If anyone is looking to purchase a MY16 SSVR immediately in Adelaide Metro let me know. I have a dealer who has one would like to sell it for below $58k DA.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Thanks for the info SuperCoach. And congrats. I am so torn as to right decision to make.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Main reason was cos of Jungle Fever or Jungle Green as most people call it. I saw the colours that were coming out on MY17 and didnt like any of them. Im not a fan of the Chevy SS seats coming out, I think our current seats look better. It would of been nice to have heated/memory seats. The special Bathurst edition will only come out in selected colours, so you are limited once again. I just thought I got the MY16 for a great price and in the colour I always wanted and had more room to option it how I want.
Good stuff!
And I know exactly what you mean, even if in our case it's 'retrospective'; our colour is also NLA, the better half (whose car it actually is) doesn't like the current interior, and for our purposes the extra powahs & brakes aren't worth anywhere near as much as the colours involved.
When a mate told me that particular had a car, and there were no more Redlines in that colour; it was like "yep, that's definitely intended to be our car" ... it had arranged bad vinyl so nobody else would buy it 'til we came along. :)

Reg Rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV SV Black
It has Chevy SS Seats (which means it will be heated with memory position) no chrome - blackout kit standard, new alloy wheels.

Do you know if the Chevy seats still have the red stitching? And are the alloy wheels still black?

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Hey guys I've been following the thread for a while as Im after a new VF2 SSV Redline, but was intending to hold out for a 2017 model as I'm in no rush.

What I'm after is:
2017 SSV Redline in Heron white
Black Roof,
Full Spoiler
Towbar
6.2 bonnet decal
Front Grille Surrounds – Black
Fender Vent Surrounds – Black
DRL Surrounds – Black
sports armour

I got a quote today, tell me what you think?

Do you think theres really going to be any benefit holding out until January for a 2017, or a limited edition?

Holden_Quote.png

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I think the MY17 is going to be full retail plus 5k, maybe no discounts at 65k.
I was going to wait but I have placed an order for a 2016 October build, whilst I would really like the memory seats, not too fussed on heating and cooling, just something else to #### up I reckon. I am paying 54k for mine but on a lease so no gst.
I do have heated seats in the CalaisV and like them, but not worth me paying that much r tra for.
I think you could wait until this time next year to get a bargain but you will be left with what is already built, not what you actually want.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys I've been following the thread for a while as Im after a new VF2 SSV Redline, but was intending to hold out for a 2017 model as I'm in no rush.

What I'm after is:
2017 SSV Redline in Heron white
Black Roof,
Full Spoiler
Towbar
6.2 bonnet decal
Front Grille Surrounds – Black
Fender Vent Surrounds – Black
DRL Surrounds – Black
sports armour

I got a quote today, tell me what you think?

Do you think theres really going to be any benefit holding out until January for a 2017, or a limited edition?

Holden_Quote.png

I paid $4k less then this and had the HF20, Black roof, metallic paint and side decal stripe. I think you should try get a bit more out of them, or go see another dealer. If you can get closer to $55k then you are on a winner.