Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
HSV Black has the downside of being too close to a Redline in terms of spec

Well today I drove the SSVR and the HSV Black. While the HSV felt and sounded a little bit nicer, the price difference is far to big.

For me personally, I value the Clubbie about 5-6k over the SSVR (with optioned bigger wheels and blackout pack).

Almost no room to move on the HSV 66,490, the optioned up SSVR was $56k.

As much as I liked the HSV, I just couldn't see 9 grand, 11 if we add the sunroof back in.

Sooo, SSVR for me.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ You chose well, I wasted an R8 the other night.
Pulled a solid 3 car-lengths on him.
OK neither of us were trying, it probably took both of us about 15 seconds to get to 60km/h ... but still, a win's a win!

Last edited:

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
I was reading now that Ford is closed, dealers were upping the price on XR8 Sprints by as much as $20k.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ford dealers are real shonks. When the FGX XR8 just came out all of the cars out west were going for $70k+... you can pick up a new one for just over $50k.
They did the same to the Mustang; I heard people with long standing deposits lost their spot so the opportunistic ####s could gouge some fools for an extra $15-$20k.
The manufacturer needs to bring these cowboys in line for the good of the brand.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I wonder how many Holden dealerships will do the same thing, try to stock up on cars nearing the end of production, waiting a few months and trying to sell them at a premium.

In 12 months time we should start a thread showing the ridiculous prices being asked, and compare what we're getting then to now.

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
I wonder how many Holden dealerships will do the same thing, try to stock up on cars nearing the end of production, waiting a few months and trying to sell them at a premium.

I think it will be a bit different, in that the dealers will only get sold orders with only the left over production allocated.

I think like the XR8 & mustang, sticker price is the best you are gonna get. That's why I folded and bought mine yesterday.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

My dealer already warned me that my long term deposit means nothing. Their dealer principal has made it clear that the limited editions will be first come first serve, i.e., people who are willing to pay full price when they're launched will get them over people like me, who have had a deposit down for 2+ years. I just have to hope 1) They're reasonably priced at launch, or 2) They don't sell out and prices start to fall. I'm guessing the latter, having seen what happened to the HSV Black editions.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I think it will be a bit different, in that the dealers will only get sold orders with only the left over production allocated.

I think like the XR8 & mustang, sticker price is the best you are gonna get. That's why I folded and bought mine yesterday.

I reckon some dealers will buy some under the guise of staff being listed as customers to get a handful of new cars into their lot to sell at a premium