Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is the race fixed? (aurion)

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I thought the toyota aurion was the sports model, so shouldn't it be compared to the sv6, xr6 and mitubishi 380vrx.

Thats just my thoughts anyway

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
Ah this video is a little biased. While I’m sure the Aurion is some what quick, if you watch the start a couple of times you’ll see that the Aurion gets, I’d say .4 or more of a second better reaction time. It goes Aurion, 380, Falcon, then Omega.

On the strip I could get a good one to two car lengths between me and a car of the same performance if I had a reaction time like that seen.

I’m trying to remain unbiased as well but they didn’t even start the omega straight and the driver had to correct it. While it my not make a huge difference but the race would be a lot closer. I would like to see times.

Jezz

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
no way in real conditions that aurion wuld have beter take offs than the aussie cars (rear whl)drive?

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
If people base the purchase of their car of something like that well good luck to them

personally i wouldnt care how much power or how fast a car is id never buy front wheel drive :thumbsup:

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
The early bird MAY get the worm. But the second mouse ALWAYS gets the cheeze (i know the ford got 2nd but you kow what i mean). Winning aint everything.

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
Car of the year will be anounced tomorrow night,its between 3 cars for first place .
Aurion, BMW, and the ve commodore ,lets just hope the commodore wins.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
just proves how much the omega lags comapred to the rest. the other 3 all have the same power across there range of 6's(minus lpg of course). sports and budget models. and only holdens top v6 can match