Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this a good Price?

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
yes cabinetmaker and if the box aint built 2 the specs then the specs must b wrong on the information sheet it all comes with.......... i didnt use 18mm as it was only 4 1 sub and nothin 2 over powerin so 16mm was enough 2 do the job plus it was left over material from a job 18mm isnt cheap 4 such a small box

but in sayin all this the sub sound great now so i cant complain if its wrong or not its doin its job.
Here I am thinking your a taxi driver as per your ''cabby'' term.Why did'nt you just say it properly,come to think of it,if I was to ask a taxi driver his occupation and he replied ''cabby'' ,am I to assume he's a cabinet maker.Don't think about it too much as it may do your head in,you'll need as many brain cells as possible for your reply.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
why would you ask the bloke driving your taxi what he does for a living?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
The 16mm MDf is to thin and DACRON would be a requirement if only using 16mm. To reduce the resonance of the cabinet you would need to increase it to almost inch thick MDF

well there ya go thats y it sounds better...... as for 34mm MDF it doesnt get used alot and isnt cheap again.... unless ur really into ur sound systems then yes i guess u would spend the extra cash but i didnt think it was nessecary as my intentions were just 2 get the dooff dooff sound lol mayb if i were 2 enter a comp id consider it...........

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
a lot of people use 2 sheets of thinner MDF i believe

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
34mm??? An inch is 25.4mm.

But yeah, i've used two 18mm glued together as 25mm*** or 32mm*** are quite expensive.

*** Both common sizes from timber supply depot/hardware store.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
isnt 2 sheets of 16mm actually cheaper than 1 sheet of 32?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
34mm??? An inch is 25.4mm.

But yeah, i've used two 18mm glued together as 25mm*** or 32mm*** are quite expensive.

*** Both common sizes from timber supply depot/hardware store.

sorry meant 24mm as thats the next standard size thinckness after 18mm they dont work in inches wen machineing the panelling its all dun in mm thats y its not exactly an inch.

semi- yer 2 sheets of 16mm is alot cheaper but u wouldnt need a full sheet (thats y i used offcuts from other jobs) if nething only half a sheet.... so would b cheaper again