Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this racist or is this another case of people being retards?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
this thread is racist and I am offended.

but seriously they are lucky that the chinese or indonesians didn't settle here. they would have rounded them all up and chased them off a cliff or something.

Probably would of eaten them lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The whole issue is ####ing rubbish. If you don't like the T shirt don't buy it.
What are the chances this T shirt is made in Australia anyway ? We should all be more offended about that than which bunch of soft ning nongs it supposedly offends!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Ah well, in for a penny.....

Frankly, I don't give a rat's arse about the shirts being available or not. Every January, our national parochialism blooms with childish, stupid (Chinese made) Australiana. Get a free bucket hat (a recycled Chinese handkerchief, probably) with your Daily Tele. Buy a (Chinese made) t-shirt that proclaims Australia was established etc.....Wave (Chinese made) miniature Aussie flags with pride on the 26th of Jan......

It's all bloody stupid, not just these shirts. Apart from those who object for various reasons to the things being sold , who really cares?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
TBH, compared to the maori's in NZ, those Aboriginals have been hard done by (just like the native American Indians), but that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about a few stupid T shirts and as our nerdy friend/user NAAF pointed out is all about how/when modern Australia came about, not how we may or may not have abused the indigenous population (maybe we should start a new thread for that).

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I am undecided abut 'Invasion Day' issue but.....Here is a hypothetical situation. Suppose Earth was discovered by an interplanetary species with far greater scientific and technological and economic knowledge than us humans. They see earth as ripe for the taking, as they needed a place to send their convicts. They then proceed to settle earth, and basically ruin our way of life. I am willing to bet many would see that as an invasion.

That's not even a vaguely similar situation. Human Beings are all the same species, we evolved on this earth and share a very recent common ancestor. Since the earliest origins Homo Sapiens have migrated to any new areas where we can carve out a Niche to better our survival. Who's to say that this sparsely populated land mass even "belonged" to the Aborigines prior to 1778 for it to be invaded in the first place? Who's to say it belongs to "us" now? We only protect our borders in the interest of the good of our tribe

DavoVP

Reaction score
That's not even a vaguely similar situation. Human Beings are all the same species, we evolved on this earth and share a very recent common ancestor. Since the earliest origins Homo Sapiens have migrated to any new areas where we can carve out a Niche to better our survival. Who's to say that this sparsely populated land mass even "belonged" to the Aborigines prior to 1778 for it to be invaded in the first place? Who's to say it belongs to "us" now? We only protect our borders in the interest of the good of our tribe

Yeah but N I G G E R s ............

Oh right this threads about some butt hurt social media fags :p

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Well aboriginal culture (and most indigenous cultures), as I understand it, are heavily reliant on the connection to land; if the connection is ruined, it can be very problematic for those concerned. I would say that Colonial Indigenous Australians would have viewed their water sources, hunting grounds, camping areas etc. as 'theirs'. As such, on occasions, new settlers were attacked by local Indigenous groups.