Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Genuine incompatibilty

Woops. Recalled another problem. Lockable wheel nuts. Whilst they fit and work properly; they are of a different colour (bronze) to the standard wheel nuts (silver). Normally, I would let this slide - but the error is compounded when the nut covers do not fit over the lockable nuts. :mad: Had to force them on... Genuine wheels, nuts and covers - incompatible. :bang: Figures.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
definitely take it back to holden ASAP...

just about everythign mentioned is all fixable on new car warranty.
and you DO NOT want to miss out on getting these issues down now,
regardless if holden fixes them right now or if you bring it up later as a
reported, but not fixed fault...

Seriously, I had a list of 18 items, a lot of which were very similar to yours (and a few non-mechanical items) and majority of them fixed without complaint or argument.

Good luck with it mate.

B

b6ng6

Just updating the rough idle story. all electrics and sensors checked out (under waranty) with the holden techs.

in finally sourcing the problem they checked out the fuel sender and fuel filter (an hour or so of labour cost). the bits they showed me had small (1/3 mm) sized particles in the fuel filter and similar bits out of the fuel sender. this resulted in what holden and their techs call ' the surging'.

Possible cause: dodgy fuel- tech also warned not to fill up when tankers are filling tanks as this stirs up sediment.

The next step they suggested is to drop out the fuel tank and check the unit inside the tank, if this is corroded then that needs to be replaced. other things that need to be done in clearing the problem include flushing the tank and fuel line, and servicing the injectors. will let you know how it pans out.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
New problem. Reversing lights often decide not to work on 5 speed manual. Shift in and out of gear a couple of times seems to get them working (faulty switch eh?) nuther one for the list.

Anyone noticed that the left side of the fuel tank seems to sag a bit lower than the right when viewed from the rear (where else could you view it from, you say). The bands supporting it seem to both be at the same level.....

Last edited:

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
I've had my VY S1 SS for just coming up to 3 weeks.. so far have had glovebox replaced to solve the always on glovebox light.. fixed..

Had a new battery put in as mine died after a week and a bit.. cause of the light being on i think.. that and it was still the orignal battery ..

Also had the drivers chair down the bottom right side tightened up as it was moving away from the chair.. I've also noticed a slight noise coming from the right side near the exhaust manifold which sounds lie could be somehing in the valve train.. but only a slight noise atm nothing that im worried bout atm.. mostly think about the vibration through the gearknob and clutch when im driving with the 6 speed.. been told its normal..

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
hrforever said:
When the air conditioning is turned on there is a strong 'musty'smell. Its only when the air conditioning is switched on and is evident when on fresh or recirculated. Smell is not there when air is off. Smell does seem to lessen after a period, or you just get used to it, not sure which.

Cannot seem to locate the source or why it is just air conditioning related.

Any suggestions?

There is a great sticky in the VR-VS section about A/C - including some tips on funny smells.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
not sure if on this site or another. But was a guy with major issues with a new holden, took back repeatedly etc and was really stuffed around. anyways, I read a news page copy that was posted in that thread and said that new law about problems with new car - take car back to dealer for same issue three or more times, the dealer has to replace the part/issue area with new parts or replace the vehicel with same model, mileage, value etc...

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
Is the sagging glovebox covered under warranty as mine does it too. So the only fix is to replace the glovebox lid? Bugger!

T

Tygr

I bought a VY Aclaim wagon at auction. Ex airforce. The faults we have had are;

1 Gearbox hunting between gears.
Holden replaced gearbox - no further trouble

2 Rear door windows warped damaging seals (torn).
Holden replaced windows and seals (then re-tinted them)

3 Cruise control thumping under bonnet.
Holden adjusted base plate and cable

4 Door locks failed.
Holden replaced door actuators

5 Key failed.
Key replaced

6 Steering bushes worn.
Replaced

7 Glove box - has a rubber on the side to stop it opening to the floor. Due to poor design and the weight of the full glove box broke several times.

On some models this has been fixed with a solid piece of rubber.
Replaced

Would I buy another one? With a warranty like that why wouldn't you?

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
nice work... whereabouts you live? good dealer you got there.