Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

fruity

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy executive
Gees after reading about all these problems ,l guess l've got a good one.What has gone wrong has been minor and replaced with no issues whatsoever. Mind you my car was an EX GMH vy with 7000k's so maybe they were fixed while they had it.This is the second EX GMH commodore l've had ,the first was a vc which was great and l think l'll keep looking out for them.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ralph1 said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with their diffs, occasionally when I pull up at the lights it will "clunk" just before I stop. Any one else had this problem.

cheers

Ralph

I had the exact same problem in my VY SS! The diff also used to clunk during "roll on" starts (when the car's already rolling forward and you accelerate). Then it got heaps worse, with a weird rattling / creeking sound.
NO I havent been doing any doughnuts if thats what you're thinking! Maybe the odd screechy off the mark... ;)
Anyway, my diff got replaced under warranty yesterday. Apparantley its a common problem.
Ive only got about 3 months left on my warranty, so next service I'll get em to do the power steering hoses and that DAMN glove box lid! (they've already had a go at it twice before) :bang:

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
Wondering if anyone has had their handbrake handle break, my VYII exec break handel button fell out on christmass day much to my dismay, and when i got it in to be fixed at wagga motors they did not have any parts as 4 other cars had to have the same problem corrected.
does anyone know if this a common issues and a warranty jobby, they are pretty keen to charge me me for it.

MELBOURNE DISASTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2 equipe
Mine Did The Same Thing And They Replaced The Button Under Warranty

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
Great thanks, helpfull to have someone back me up a little, so if i have to argue i will have a leg to stand on

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Belt rensioner rattle

I have a 2003 VY S manual. Ever since I have owned it there has been a rattle/knocking noise from the engine when letting the clutch out at low RPM. It is most pronounced when reversing or starting off on a uphill incline, or accelerating away from an intersection at low speed in 2nd or 3rd gear.

The noise is caused by the accessory/water pump drive belt tensioner which flaps like crazy when the engine is under load at low RPM. Apparently this is a known problem. The dealer has replaced the tensioner with no improvement.

Any ideas.

vaertigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYIISS6m
Slightly annoying issue I have discovered, from time to time the steering wheel controls will screw up, and each button will do the funtion of one of the other button, ieL Volume down will turn the volume up, while the volume up button continues its normal work :S

Stopping the car then restarting seems to rectify, however i shall be looking into this next time the car goes in to dealer...

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
vaertigo said:
...steering wheel controls will screw up...
G'Day. I had a similar problem - check out posts #103 - 105. I have since replaced the controls, and have not had any problems since.