Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

alphabetter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
VY door leaks

Hi, Has anyone fixed the water leak problems on a VY .Any tips welcomeseries 2 sedan Thanks
Alphabetter

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
alphabetter said:
Hi, Has anyone fixed the water leak problems on a VY .Any tips welcomeseries 2 sedan Thanks
Alphabetter

Where is the water leak? So far no problems with that for me.

alphabetter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Ratty said:
Was thinking abotu starting a thread the Mods could make sticky about issues we have found with the VY'S that could affect everyones car and keep a record of the issue and fix.. this of course would be unoffical and not backed by holden or JC... Thoughts?

To kick it off these are the issues I have found and have been fixed...

Ones I have been told effect the range...

Front ASH Tray hinges need a mod

Power Steering rack requires a modification on most VY'S to stop SHUDDER at low speed full lock turning

Door actuators on most VY'S prevent unlocking of the doors esp in cold wet weather...

Door seal's can leak on some VY'S

More to come as I think of them...
Hi I had water leaks, took it to dealer they adjusted doors still leaks.
I pulled of door trims and found water was getting into car past the clear plastic sheet. I think it was disturbed to fix door locks. Resealed all way around clear plastic sheet with vinyl tape. leak is fixed.
Alphabetter

boness

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
steering wheel rattle

when driving over rough roads the steering wheel cover makes annoying rattlle.When the car is stopped and in drive a constant rattle near the radio,but when in [N] the noise seems to go. Has any one have these noises in their vy 2004 series 2 commodore Thanks Boness

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
hmmm...
I'm having a LOt of instances lately where Holden is giving me the "unable to re-produce complaint at time of inspection" and it's bloody annoying the hell out of me...
Especially as my new car warranty is up in 2 months....

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Morgasshk said:
hmmm...
I'm having a LOt of instances lately where Holden is giving me the "unable to re-produce complaint at time of inspection" and it's bloody annoying the hell out of me...
Especially as my new car warranty is up in 2 months....

HA!!

How typical is that? Wish I had a dollar for every time that happened to me!

...you take it to the mechanic and it doesnt do it anymore, the minute you get out of the driveway it'll do it again... :b:

Maxih

All around nice guy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SV8
Hi .. :wave: (My 1st post, how exciting:dance: )

Not so much a problem, but a little quirk someone might be able to explain.

Car is SV8 s1. When i go to fuel up, usually fairly low to full, on restart shes a little hesitant. Just starts (cranking normally) murmurs for a coupla seconds then shes fine.. Not a lectric problem, just revs so low it's almost stallin for a few secs then she's back to normal..

## Only happens when fuelin ##

Could it be some sort of fuel line vacumn thing?:unsure:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I've found 8 times out of 10 when filling up I get the dreaded 'FUEL GAUGE ERROR, CONTACT RETAILER', part way home it comes good other times I need to shut it off and fire it backup.

I'm looking forward to my major service tomorrow, I've got my printed list saying how, when and why so there should be no arguments.

1- Handbrake needs adjustment - It doesn't hold very well at all.
2- Rev's hunt 100 - 300rpm after doing say 80 - 100 and letting it coast down to 60 - I've got the SA cruise to thank for finding this one :) Possibly normal from what I've read but still going to get mention it.
3- Power steering shudders whilst moving off first thing in the morning or whilst moving slowly
4- When the brakes are heated (rear) bad squeal from the front and consistent rubbing from the rear as if the pads haven't gone completely back.
5- The transmission really can't make up it's mind what gear it wants (3rd or 4th), quite annoying this one, you just tap the accelerator and it jumps back into 3rd.
6- Fuel Gauge Error (see above)

Other than those what I would call very minor I am very happy.

Am I being too pedantic? Before reading this thread and yes I went right back to the start as I knew my service was coming up tomorrow and thought what the heck I may as well chuck them down otherwise I wouldn't have worried about it.

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
Jus wonderin if any1s VY series II vibrates wen dey lock the steering wheell and turn ??

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
These are the problems I've had with my car in the two years since owning it:

1. Some wheel studs snapped a few weeks after a service. I guess they overtightened the nuts. All studs replaced at no cost.

2. RHR door lock actuator seized. Replaced under warranty.

3. Handbrake drag. Mod kit ("Scrape kit") fitted under warranty.

4. Piece of plastic on RH side of driver's seat cushion broke. Was told this is very common. Replaced under warranty.

5. I think there's a vacuum valve issue with the climate control. Occasionally it'll lose vacuum and close all the vents when I accelerate up hills. Seems to be intermittent, so I'm keeping an eye on it until next service.