Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
My glovebox is rooted... Lucky I have the switch to turn off internal lights or the light would permanently be on...

Fixing glovebox is on my list of things to be warranty fixed - same as tighten handbrake (not holding AT ALL), tighten gear knob, couple of blown bulbs, two of the three above door handles need tightening (think people before me must have been chunky or something.. (it was the police commissioner's car... hehe...) light in the boot needs fixing, and the drivers foot rest is loose as buggery.

only little things, but quite a lot of them...

Z

Zoinker

Arr yes the glove box.....
The fact of the matter is, that they don’t fit. Something to do with the fabricating process, apparently they didn’t consider what size the glove box would be after the mold cooled, and hence none of them fit.
Ive had mine replaced 3 times, and there all them sag, mind you when they replaced mine they also stole my barrel, and now i cant lock mine :(
moral of the story, go to a good dealership

Also had the problem with bent tie rods on the right side, they use some cheep brass for them, would be good to see a company making compliant spare’s to fix this.

And lastly the dam chattering in the power steering at low revs

V

VYII S

Zoinker said:
Arr yes the glove box.....
The fact of the matter is, that they don’t fit. Something to do with the fabricating process, apparently they didn’t consider what size the glove box would be after the mold cooled, and hence none of them fit.

My dealer managed to pretty much fix the glove box issue I was having by pushing or pulling the catch that holds the door...sorry wasn't paying atttention.....whichever he did tightened the seal. He said though that he has seen MUCH worse.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I have the central locking problem, it seems that some doors decide to open when they arent ment to (i use the 2 click unlock) and sometimes some dont seem to lock. A few presses and its fine but i cant seem to make it happen all the time which means i think ill have trouble getting it replaced under warranty.

As for the squeak on startup, i had that as well and it was also there while driving sometimes. They replaced the belt and a pulley (wasnt paying attention) and its all fine again :)

J

jenko

Hi all

I pick up a VY I SS on thursday with 34,000km on the clock, Does anyone have info on the 5.7 litre, did I hear a while ago they used to use a bit of oil??
Any other issues greatly appreciated as I still have warranty on the car
I have my own thread on the issue/ questions also
Thanks- Jenko

Z

Zoinker

VYII S said:
My dealer managed to pretty much fix the glove box issue I was having by pushing or pulling the catch that holds the door

i might have to get my car serviced at your dealer than :)

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
Happy with my car (despite minor flaws), nearly 2 years old and 40000ks.
I have similar issues to many others: Squeaky drivers window seal, central locking sticks sometimes, minor gap in glovebox fit, interior lighting door switch sticks.

Probably the biggest dissapointment is how the (Cosmo) paint shows up even the tiniest scratch or chip. Don't know why they had to use a light coloured primer!

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Has anyone asked a dealer about the central locking issue? Do they cover it under warranty / can they fix it?
Its rather annoying and id really love for it to be fixed up

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
My VYII Exec has an issue with the bootlid setting the alarm off when you use the key button to open it BEFORE unlocking any of the doors. Anyone else had this?

Steering shudder (known issue)
Glove box sag (known issue)
Steering noisy to turn sometimes (tie rod pin issue)

R

rockerbob

Hi Fellow contributors,
My VY2 Berlina has the power steering shudder, the sticky door releases, the sagging glovebox, and the most annoying thing of all is the terrible smell from the Climate Control when in OFF and just using fresh air in. I did not have to pay any extra for all of these items. Any thoughts. The first two will be fixed at it next service I hope

Last edited by a moderator: