Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

darreng

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
i have holse from floor mat fasteners appently there are 2 types depending on series my manual says i need the ones with a slit on top to screw in . does it screw into the carpet only or into the floor

emma.henningsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE WAGON
Just purshased a VY Wagon 85,000 km. Have has the Valve Stem Seals replaced as it was blowing lots of white smoke?? We have filled up with new petrol but we are still having this problem. It happens when you start the car HOT or COLD. Has any one got any advise????

:bow:

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
front sway bay rubbers seem to go around the 70k mark. Mine are getting replaced under dealer warrenty and my mate has a vy sedan and he just did his as well.

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Horn comes on by itself

I have a VY 2002 and the horn has come on by itself a few times after being parked and locked for a few hours. When I run out and press the key remote to unlock the doors it doesnt work so I have to unlock the doors manually by turning the key which then sets of the alarm (another sound on top of the horn sound) then I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on to turn the alarm off but the horn still remains on untill I punch the crap out of the middle of the steering wheel until it stops.
Then I can lock the car with the remote as normal and leave.
Its happened 3 times in the last few weeks, I just hope it doesnt go off in the middle of the night or when I'm away from my car or I will return to a car with a flat battery and alot of annoyed neighbours no doubt.

Why do they have to mess with the simplest of things? A horn used to be a simple switch in the steering wheel with a cable from the battery to the horn now its some weird microprocessor controled thingy that can get confused with all its ones and zeros and come on at anytime it likes.

Also my windscreen wipers decide not to come on when I turn them on sometimes. Another thing that used to be a hard wired switch but now is controlled by a mass of digital signals prone to interferance from the outside world.

Last edited:

exelR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
gen3 vy2
I've had problems lately with the factory stereo in my series 2 SV8; sometimes, when I turn on the ignition and start the car, the stereo comes on at maximum volume, it's absolutely deafening and nearly gives me a coronary each time..... Doesn't matter if it's on CD or radio. I don't have the speed-dependant volume enabled, and I always turn off the ignition with the stereo volume pretty low. We don't have kids, so nobody has messed with the volume before the engine is started to play a trick.
It's got me stuffed, and while it's not a big drama, it is pretty annoying- has anyone else encountered this, and if so is theere a known fix? Any help would be much appreciated!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I have a VY 2002 and the horn has come on by itself a few times after being parked and locked for a few hours. When I run out and press the key remote to unlock the doors it doesnt work so I have to unlock the doors manually by turning the key which then sets of the alarm (another sound on top of the horn sound) then I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on to turn the alarm off but the horn still remains on untill I punch the crap out of the middle of the steering wheel until it stops...

Do a search - I've heard of this issue on here before. From memory it turned out to be a simple short circuit inside the steering wheel...

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Tried searching before i posted, maybe i didn't type the right things.
I searched 'vy horn problem'
'vy horn' came up with far too much.
I dunno, I guees i'll just keep reading through.
Luckily it hasn't happened again...
yet.....

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L

Conkster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec Wagon
theres a sticker inside peeling up when it gets warm which then triggers it.

Jobby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S Pack A4
theres a sticker inside peeling up when it gets warm which then triggers it.

Yep, just need to replace the metal sticker, happened to me at the start of the year.