Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

n_hojok

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just fixed my power steering yesterday, simple fix just buy a power steering filter $12 from repco. You need to cut the power steering hose(remember to clamp the hose first so you dont spill all your fluid) then attatch the filter between the two cut sections of hose and fasten the ends down using clamps. Will fix 90% of shudder.

deltatango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
VY steering wheel controls problem

Mate, you really should do a search before you ask a noob question like that. This is probably THE most common issue with VY's and has been covered a million times.

Hi all,
I've been a member of this forum for about an hour now. I joined just to find a fix for this problem. Only trouble is, after an hour of searching the forums, all I can find is this post. Can some helpful member of this esteemed forum actually direct me to the fix for this apparantly common problem please?

DT

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hi all,
I've been a member of this forum for about an hour now. I joined just to find a fix for this problem. Only trouble is, after an hour of searching the forums, all I can find is this post. Can some helpful member of this esteemed forum actually direct me to the fix for this apparantly common problem please?

DT

Here's a selection of threads I found in 5 minutes related to your problem. I just typed in "steering wheel volume controls". I'm sure it's also covered in earlier pages of this thread. Anyway, hope this helps...

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...html?highlight=steering+wheel+volume+controls

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...html?highlight=steering+wheel+volume+controls

deltatango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive

Thanks mate. Guess I just wasn't searching for the right phrase....
:whistling

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
Wondering if anyone has any ideas whats happening here.
Its a 03 SII VY Acclaim auto, sometimes when im reversing out of a carpark or driveway and im turning the steering wheel fairly hard, the accelerator gets jammed up. I have to apply a fair amount of force to push it down and then the car jolts forward when it gives way. After that its fine.
turning the steering in the other direction doesn't help. only happened 3 times so far but always when im reversing and turning. any ideas?

jaixx

Reaction score
i had the same issue with mine and i it was fixed under warranty (think there was a re-call too). If you have warranty, they should fix under warranty for free, if not it will cost you a few bucks.

squirtkenyon

Reaction score
ABS Fault

Hel All,
Any ideas. I have a 03 Exec. and on the odd occasion when I put the hazard lights of the Car will come up with the ABS fail and will continue to do so until the lights are turned off. Again only on the odd occasion but is not very comforting!

Also how much we lookin at for the Power Steering hoses to stop that bloody shudder!

Cheers,

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Hey, got a 10th month '03 model series 2 exec. Have had it 2 years and havn't had any trouble except the well renouned volume controls on the steering wheel, and the other week i had to tighten a power steering clamp due to a small leak, it's got 90,000 kms on it and touch wood been pretty good all round.

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
I just got a VY SPACK... im noticing quite a loud friction sound coming from underneath front left of car.. sounds like a tyre noise but it isnt.... it occurs at approx 15-25kmh whether decelerating or accelerating...

occurs with OR without brake application.

any help greatly appreciated!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I just got a VY SPACK... im noticing quite a loud friction sound coming from underneath front left of car.. sounds like a tyre noise but it isnt.... it occurs at approx 15-25kmh whether decelerating or accelerating...

occurs with OR without brake application.

any help greatly appreciated!

Wheel bearing?