Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It worth getting splits in the back doors?

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
I have 6 speaker's + tweet's, I don't believe it's overkill for SQ.

Just have to tune it right.

Car audio is all about what you like, presonal prefrence, If you like the sound of speaker's in the rear then go for it.

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
The past few cars iv owned iv put splits in the rear and had them tuned down a little, I personally don't think it's over kill or anything I just perfer the quality of sound that come out of splits rather then normal speakers, everyone to their own opinion tho!

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I have 6 speaker's + tweet's, I don't believe it's overkill for SQ.

Just have to tune it right.

Car audio is all about what you like, presonal prefrence, If you like the sound of speaker's in the rear then go for it.
Have you heard a REALLY GOOD system? Like competition winning quality, not just someone who spent a lot of money.

Some people like their sound to be clear, balanced and to sound as it was intended by the audio engineer who made it... Others just like their car filled with loud and clear sound. Eventually those people hear a good sounding system and change their ways :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
^^^^^i agree with this.

I've sat in the drivers seat of a car with $34000 worth of audio gear in it, and whilst it wasn't the loudest system (mainly cos it wasn't tuned to be) the sound image was all spot on and the front stage was blended really well with the sub and made for really enjoyable listening. It made it seem like i was sitting right in front of a concert or stage that the artist had intended their music to sound like.

Makes we want to keep working on mine to correct the sound stage now lol

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
It's all about personal prefrence.

Would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing.

sammi05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i just got an orion sub with 500 rms
and i decided too get orion splits for the front and just leave the back doors =]

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
i just got an orion sub with 500 rms
and i decided too get orion splits for the front and just leave the back doors =]

Are you planning on running a single 4ch amp or a 2ch for the splits and mono for the sub?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It's all about personal prefrence.

Would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing.

It's about personal preference if you've experienced all the options... Not having experienced all the options, it's just settling for what you know, which is fine if you don't want to experience the better options :p

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i love it when people quote how much their system cost like it should impress me

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
StoneX I'm glad you also think 6x9's are horrible. They are useless speakers if you ask me.

Spend as much as you can afford on the front speakers, because you won't be listening to the back.